Sunday, October 30, 2005

Mindless Potpourri

  • Yesterday I volunteered with a group thats here called CORE. They are here indefinately helping out with hurricane victims. Different groups come down from all over and help people tear parts of their houses and clean up debris. They have a big tent city set up. IT is truly amazing to see the selflessness of some of these men and women who are here helping, setting aside their own agenda to help those in need. I helped out in the office. I really enjoyed my time there and will be going back on Wednesday. It is nice to help out in some way. I feel I have been so blessed by such little storm damage that I need to do something to help those less fortunate.
  • I totally got the wrong date for the hayride. We drove all the way out there (about 1/2 hour away) only to find out it was Friday night. I was a day late. The poor kiddos were so upset! I don't blame them. Zach told them we'd have a fire at home but I told him we have a burn ban here. Plus it was getting dark. So we just put a fire going in the fireplace, made hot dogs and ate picnic style on a blanket on the floor. That seemed to satisfy them. I was really looking forward to a hayride too. The date was right in the email I got about it, I just assumed it was Saturday. I don't know dates. I only know the day. So, I wonder if I'm not losing my mind. I seem to have been doing things like that lately. Looking for things in the wrong places, etc. I don't think I'm pregnant, but you really never know. And my SIL, Amie, emailed me and said she had a dream that I was!
  • I watched a movie last night called, "The Other Side of Heaven". It was good, about a missionary, BUT he was a Mormon missionary. It was a clean movie, which is hard to come by nowadays.
  • I just got back from watching the movie "Dreamer". It was VERY good. I think I will invest in it when it comes out on DVD. It was a wholesome, family movie. The little girl was such a good actress. I think H enjoyed it, but I also think it was a little over her head. But, we had mommy-daughter time, popcorn and pop! What more can we ask for?
  • I will be having another Pampered Chef party in a couple of weeks. If you like Pampered Chef, that is the way to go. Last time I got over $100 in free products. If anybody is interested in ordering anything through me, let me know and I can email you the information. I am so excited...and its just in time for Christmas.

2 comments:

Amie said...

Take a test, you never know! :D

Jamie said...

You silly...I'm not wasting my money. It's just the blonde hair.