Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2008 & 2009 Thankful List

Written 1/25/08, for more recent scroll down...

As I was lying in bed last night unable to sleep I thought how I'd like to make a thankful list for the year. That way I can look back and see how God has blessed us. So here we go!

1. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who loves my children and I. He goes out of his way to make sure I get much needed 'me' time plus he helps out immensely with the children.

2. I am thankful for three wonderful, beautiful, healthy children. They are so precious and I could not imagine my life without them (it would be pretty dull).

3. I am thankful for the two babies waiting for me in heaven. I am thankful that God allowed me to carry them in my womb, if even for a short time. Pregnancy is such a blessing, a gift that God has given women and I am so thankful that He chose me to be the mother of the children that are really His, both here on earth and in heaven. I am blessed!

4. I am thankful for a Mother who raised me in the church and loved me unconditionally. Without her I wouldn't be where I am today.

5. I am thankful that we were able to go home for Christmas. It was our first Christmas in Michigan since we've been married! It was wonderful to see ALL of our family and to spend time with them all.

6. I am thankful for how God has blessed us with a new vehicle. I look at something like that and I know its a gift from Him as we try to walk faithfully and obediently in our giving to Him (both monetarily and otherwise).

7. I am thankful that I am able to stay home and care for and homeschool my children. I'm thankful that we are able to make it on one income. I'm thankful for a hard-working husband. I'm thankful that we always have a steady income.

8. I am thankful for the friends the Lord has blessed me with. I have friends all over the world- in Germany, Indonesia, North Dakota, California- everywhere. Years may go by without our talking to one another or seeing each other but we still have a tight bond. I'm thankful for the friends I've met through the Internet.

9. I am thankful for my dad, who adopted me as his own child. I am thankful that he loved me as his own, and still does. I'm also thankful for his family for accepting me as one of them. I didn't know I was 'adopted' by my dad until I was 13 years old!

10. I am thankful for my extended family. They have helped shape me into the woman I am today.

11. I am thankful for the new life growing within me. I am amazed at how God works 'behind the scenes' to design new life deep within a woman's womb. I can't wait to meet our new baby in September!

12. I am thankful that we are finally moving from Mississippi and the South. We're so ready for a new change.

13. I am thankful for good books to entertain me deep into the night.

14. I am thankful for warm temperatures and beautiful sunshine to brighten my days.

15. I am thankful for a little boy who is so eager to learn. I love seeing his persistence as he works on reading words, doing math problems, drawing and building puzzles.

16. I am thankful the an even littler boy who always makes me laugh with his goofy faces. I love how he finds security in playing with my hair and how he still feels he needs to lay close to his Mama at night.

17. I am thankful for a blossoming girl who enjoys reading and helping me around the house. I'm thankful for how much help she was when I was so sick with morning sickness.

18. I am thankful for my husband who never complained while I was out of commission for over a month. He would come home from work and dutifully feed the crew whatever he could find. He'd bathe them and care for them while I felt immobilized. He is a good man.

19. I am thankful for living in a free country where I can read my Bible, pray to Jesus and go to church without fearing my life.

20. I am thankful for clean water! My friend Brandi has been working diligently to get clean water to those in Liberia. She then is looking to move to the rest of Africa. It is amazing to see how God is using her to help those in need.

21. I am thankful for the little girl that the Lord has planned to bring into our family. We love you and can't wait to meet you!!!

22. I am thankful to live in a brand new house.

23. I am thankful to live in Iowa.

24. I am thankful for our new church family...you've been a blessing!

25. I am thankful for modern medicine to help with pain.

26. I am thankful for doctors who will help!

27. I am thankful for our new baby girl...she's such a blessing!

28. I am thankful that Zach had time off of work to help out.

29. I am thankful that my parents were able to come & visit...to help out and see our new baby.

30. I am thankful for friendly neighbors and a good neighborhood to live in.

31. I am thankful for the chance and freedom to educate my children at home.

32. I am thankful for my good health now that everything else has been taken care of.

Pretty sad that I didn't keep up with this in 2008....I truly am thankful for more than 32 things! So here begins 2009...

1. 10 years of Zach's service in the US Air Force.

2. A nursing baby

3. A daughter who loves to read as much as her mama (and Nanny).

4. A son who proudly sings songs to Jesus.

5. A boy who makes faces that crack me up- it is hilarious watching him watch TV.

6. Flannel sheets.

7. Chocolate

8. Money to provide for our needs.

9. Thoughtful friends who keep in touch.

10. A good book to read.

11. Being able to teach my children at home.

12. Serving an AWESOME God.


13. Sleep

14. Savings on groceries

15. The shining sun

16. Co-sleeping

15 comments:

Erica said...

Such a wonderful post, Jamie.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Jamie.................and a good reminder of the things I am thankful for. :-) GOD is so good to us!
Love,
Lynn

Jodie said...

Aww :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comment about me and others. If I had made a thankful list you would be on it. Love you, daughter. MOM

Amie said...

I'm thankful we got to see you guys at Christmas and hopefully this Spring too!

DDanielle said...

So did I miss a previous announcement about #11? What a great long list!

Jamie said...

LOL NOOOOO that was last years list....this years list is below it!

DDanielle said...

omg lol! I was wondering why you would announce it like that! It all makes perfect sense, I just shouldn't read blogs while tired;-) Still a great list!

Beth said...

Your list is great. I should make a thankful list. There is so much to be thankful for, if I just open my eyes & look.

Kim said...

You truely do have alot to be thankful for. You have been so blessed.

aunty gloria said...

hi jamie
i guess i better write something here... sorry i dont write but like tonite i am tired... but i do enjoy coming on here and reading about you and the family,since i dont really ever get to call you sorry... glad all is going well and tell zach how happy we are that he has made it ten years in the service... only ten more to go....wishing you and your family a very happy and blessed new year..
love aunty gloria

mamazee said...

I love your thankful list, Jamie! I think i need to start a "thankful Thursday" :)

I tagged you on my blog - go get your award :)

www.homeschoolblogger.com/mamazee

Me said...

Wow! Congrats on #5! That's great!!!

Christine said...

I love your thankful list.

Me said...

Whoops, I thought there was another on the way too! Heather misread it too and told me about it. I then mentioned it to my mom, who in turn, mentioned it to Uncle Larry who was like "What? Zach didn't tell me about that!". Whoops!!! Sorry about that...lol