Friday, January 02, 2009

Guess what they had for dinner...

crackers & chocolate bar
Guess my children are being raised to be soldiers? Or perhaps just to eat a variety of foods? Zach has traded some old uniforms & such at an Army Surplus store for MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat). MRE's are meals that soldiers/airman eat out in the desert & when they're deployed. He decided to get MRE's to give the homeless people we see around the interstate (especially at one particular exit). Well tonight he decided to let the kids try them. They all tried to get me to eat this or that but there was NO way I was doing that! Just the smell made my stomach turn over! They liked them from what they said (and I ask myself "WHAT is wrong with my kids!?!?"). Anyway, it was blogworthy so I broke out the camera to share their experience with you!

Mexican macaroni & cheese (looks so gross)

eating her chocolate bar

eating his bread & cheese


he got Combos but if you look below he doesn't look too thrilled! he's looking at the steak Zach's cutting up! My thoughts exactly little guy...

He likes it! He likes it!

5 comments:

Babyface74 said...

We have a case of these in our shed from the hurricanes. I have told myself a ton of times I was putting them in my truck to give to the homeless people I see sitting on the corner holding signs. I need to do just that.

Kim said...

Those are actually not that bad. I was unsure about eating them at first too. How nice and thoughtful to give them to the homeless. I love expression on BS's face.

Amie said...

LOVE BS's face in that pic! I remember Jeremiah bringing some of those home from basic. The only thing I would try was crackers and peanut butter.

Beth said...

I've had MRE's, dad would bring them home from deployments occasionally. They were a "treat" for us as we never got them at home. NOW I know how gross they are, I'll pass. But if you have nothing they are decent.

Anonymous said...

We have tried them before too.
Everyone should at least once.
They are not to bad - but it makes you feel for the military who have to eat them allot!
Great pics,
Gina