Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ok, this just TICKS me OFF

Have you heard about the latest law that's passed? Well, I'm sure there's ones that have passed since then but this will affect us quite a bit, I think. No more garage sales. No more getting our children things from thrift stores or consignment shops. No more buying used curriculum for our homeschools. What on earth has this country come to!?!?!? I just recently started consigning clothes & I love it. I love going to thrift stores to buy my kids clothes, especially since they go through them so fast. Then I think about my sister-in-law Amie & others who make baby/children items. Granted, sometimes they're gifts, but will that be 'allowed'??? Here's some sites I've found so far on what I'm talking about:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-thrift2-2009jan02,0,2083247.story


http://www.rallycongress.com/make-second-hand-kids-clothes-legal-/1471/save-kid-s-clothing-resale-consignment-thrift-stores-from-closing/

Ok, I can see how its GREAT as far as lead and all in products for our children. I agree with that. But its absurd really. Please contact your Congressmen!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That just sounds totally ridiculous. Sometimes thats the only place people can afford to shop who don't have alot of money. Don't take my words wrong.People who aren't poor shop there too, I wasn't saying your poor lol. I love cheap things.

Our4Monkeys said...

I'm with you...I think it's completely ridiculous!! I'm going to miss my summer garage sales...
I don't know how we will afford clothes for our kids!!