Sunday, January 18, 2009

loving lazy sundays

Today has been such a lazy day. I can think of hundreds of things to do yet I'm not doing any of them. It's Sunday after all! On our way to church today we saw about 25 cars in the ditch! I'm not exaggerating that number either! Well, its about 34 interstate miles. Unreal though!

After lunch Zach took the kids sledding. Sweet Pea & I stayed at home and played with her toys, pat-a-cake and played with her toes. By the time they got back I was ready for a nap so SP and I headed upstairs and took a nice nap. It was wonderful. Now I feel like I have a bit of a headache and I can't believe its already getting dark. I haven't yet decided if I'll do school tomorrow since Zach will be home. I'd like to, so that means I have school lessons to get together. Maybe he'll actually do history with us. I think we learn about Cleopatra tomorrow. We're almost done with volume 1 of Mystery of History. The kids are getting burnt out with it (we've been doing it since last year). So when we're done I think we'll do some American History. I've got some books in the basement & I can print sheets for them and do something like that I think.

We have a lot of 'maybes' on our calendar this week. Lunch n Lit for Chatterbox at the library, roller skating on Friday, a homeschool meeting. Not sure we'll do any of it! We'll have to see how I feel and how the weather is. I sure wish I felt more 'plugged in' here though...I forget how long it takes to feel like a place is home!

Ok, Sweet Pea is fussing and I need to get dinner started (hey Risa I think I'm going to make tuna melts). Hope you all had a great weekend too! At least we all seem to be a little warmer!

6 comments:

Beth said...

We decided to change things up from Mystery of History also, but I changed DRASTICALLY! We are doing BJU DVD school right now. I needed a break and the kiddo's needed another teacher to be giving them assignments. I hope you find something that will work for your crew.

DDanielle said...

It is hard to feel settled, it's nice to know a "professional" mover (as you military moms always are) feels the same way. Winter kind of just makes it worse.

PBJCJ said...

We are supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow! Can you imagine the cars in ditches with that one? I'm sure you remember how well...terrible NC drivers are in that wet white stuff:)

Kim said...

We had a lazy Sunday too. We had about 12 cars in the ditch on the way to town. About a 12 mile stretch. There was even one flipped over.

Amie said...

We're the opposite with History. We are finishing up U.S History, so now I'm thinking of doing some World History.

AmazingGraceTX said...

At least a year, Jamie. Don't worry, one day you'll look around and it'll seem like you've laways lived there.
Keep warm!!
Loriann