Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy 2009

We had a fun New Year's Eve with our church family. There were so many people crammed into one house but you'd never have known it! It was a blast! Yesterday morning I went out with a friend & her friend. We had a great time of fellowship. It was so nice to get out w/like-minded individuals!

Yesterday we finally took down the Christmas decorations & I changed around the living room. It's always nice to have a 'fresh' look. It is nice to have a clean & put-together house again! I sure relax better when the house is clean.

Remember I said we signed up for cable TV since we were basically paying the price for it by only having internet and almost being 'penalized' for only have internet through them? We got our cable bill today... $111!!! I don't think so! It's supposed to only be about $50! So now I've gotta deal with that at some point.

My aunt sent us a bunch of movies before Christmas and we still haven't gotten them! She did send them media mail and I know that can take longer but my cousins got theirs like a week ago! I sure hope they make it here and somebody didn't steal them or something! Kinda a bummer since the kids were expecting them!

Sweet Pea has been a bit fussy yesterday and today. She's slept a lot today. I don't know if she could be teething already or what. As I type she's farting away! Earlier she was farting & pooping and thought it was so funny- she couldn't stop smiling about it! Silly girl! She's growing so fast. The other day I was telling my mom how she's barely cooing anymore and the next day she started talking away! She must have heard me!

Booty Shaker really enjoys his V-Smile Pocket! The stinker still won't wear the clothes he got for Christmas- he wrinkles up his nose about them! He's so funny! Yesterday when I got home from being out I asked him if he was good. He says, "No, I was bad. I was jumping on the couch and the rocking chair and the love seat. I was spanking dad". He was joking around with me of course. Goofball!

Junior Squirrel can't stop playing his Transformers game he got. I constantly have the Transformers song in my head. And if its not that its a Taylor Swift song because Zach constantly listens to her CDs in the car! I don't know how kids can figure video games out so quickly. I know I did it as a kid too, but boy can JS play! Earlier he was blaring his new CDs from his room!

Chatterbox came down to me earlier & said she had something important to talk to me about. When I asked her what it was she said she wanted to have a Bible club & invite people who don't know about Jesus so she can tell them about Him. She had a list with the neighbor girls name on it so far! I told her maybe when the weather's warmer so she made a sign with a date in June!!! She has such an eagerness to share the love of Jesus with others! I love it! I really need to allow her to use her gift and not hold her back!

Well, I've got a ton of laundry to fold and I need to get everybody to work in the basement to clean it up. I've also got video game issues going on so I better run! Hope you're all having a good New Year!

3 comments:

Christine said...

We don't have cable. I hate all of the taxes that they add onto everything. I hope they will be nice and work it out with you. Blessings!

Kim said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful New Year's eve. That's so great you got to go out with some lady friends and fellowship. The mail had been real slow. You think it would of started to pick back up again after Christmas. That's so wonderful that CB wants to share about Jesus w/ other kids.

Beth said...

It sounds like 2009 is off to a good start for you. We are back to work on school. Your Sweet Pea is getting so big...she's a cutie.