Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflecting & Rejoicing

I cannot believe this is the last day of 2008. This year has really flown by. Last year at this time I had no idea we'd be blessed to have a new daughter. Nor did I have any idea we'd end up in Iowa! I am so thankful for the blessings God has given us. I have my thankful list on my sidebar but didn't exactly use it like I wanted. I am thankful for more than what's listed there! I hope that in 2009 I can add at least 1 thing a day to be thankful for. I read a lot of books this year. We bought our second house. The kids learned to fish. We went to Michigan for the first time for Thanksgiving. We found a new church & new church family. I've learned how to be a mom to 4 children; how to waddle through the store with three ducklings behind me while I push a loaded shopping cart where the baby is buried. I've made new recipes. I've relied on God and put my hope in Him in so many situations, both big & small. But there are things I wish I'd done more of. Things of which I don't want to dwell on because I'm still blessed & still loved by my Lord. It has been a good year. The best thing was the addition of Sweet Pea.

In 2009 I hope to be more thankful, even for the little things. Today I'm thankful for fun games I can play with Chatterbox. It is crazy that my daughter is old enough to play games but it is so much fun! In 2009 I hope to draw nearer to Jesus. I hope to read my Bible daily & to be more like Jesus. I hope to pray more, to trust more, to hope more. I hope to make new friends here in Iowa. I hope to be more hospitable. I hope to be more patient with my children, to yell less and enjoy them more. I hope to play more, laugh more & smile more. I hope the Lord uses me to bless others & that I will be his willing tool.

Happy New Year my friends!!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Well said, Jamie. Happy New Year to you too!

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a wondeful 2008 Wish you many blessings in 2009.
Happy New Year!

Beth said...

It sounds like 2008 was a good year for your family with lots of changes & blessings. We'll be experiencing many of those changes in 2009. Happy New Year!