Friday, December 12, 2008

Changes

Isn't it funny how things change from the time you have your first baby to your third or fourth? With my first I followed the 'rules' to a T. Bought a diaper genie, wipes warmer...had to have it all! Took her to the doctor for every little thing. Although I hated it when others compared their baby to her (I had one friend in particular who did this).

Now that I have baby number four things are so different! I don't even have a crib set up (didn't with #3 either). The diapers just get thrown in a garbage can. The wipes are cold. I feel like I know what I'm doing. Took the baby to the doctor on Monday and was told I was doing all the right things (steam shower, elevated mattress, humidifier, Saline drops, etc). Baby sleeps with me. The only one I compare her to are her siblings. I just feel so 'seasoned' now, if that makes sense. I probably did with #2 & 3 also but it's just occurred to me how much things have really changed from having my first baby 8 years ago to having one almost 4 months ago. Even my child I had four YEARS ago things were much different.

Sweet Pea has been trying to laugh. She loves to be tickled by her shoulders. She's made a few tiny sounds like she's trying so hard to get a giggle out. It's so cute. I love her huge toothless grin! She loves to have her clothes off! As soon as I strip her she's all smiles! She's still congested and I felt terrible for her last night- her crying sounded so hoarse. Today she seems happy as can be. It's the evening that the junk starts to set in again. Poor baby.

And I have to say a huge congratulations to my dear friends Angie & Nick who just had baby number 3, a little girl! I wish we lived closer so I could meet her, but she's adorable from the pictures!!!! Maybe this spring or summer we'll both be able to show off our babies to one another!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I remember always trying to do everything by the books with my first two. Baby #3 I knew alot more too. I remember Jalynn was such a ticklish baby. About SP's age, she was ticklish around the neck (still is) but she would giggle till she couldn't take it anymore. I love baby giggles.

jan said...

You just jumped over the hump! After 3 babies, its only more laundry and volume of food and in some ways it continues to get easier-or we just don't care as much anymore about the "small" things. Wait until you can leave them home with the oldest to run to the store. One of my friends has just hit that point and is so excited to see her oldest grow into that and experience the joys of shopping alone! Every stage is so good!!