Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stress

Not the normal kind of 'holiday stress'. Although I am sure that is coming (I want to bake but when? I still haven't written Christmas letters like I do most years. We need to take pictures but the boys need haircuts first.). I am so frustrated with things right now I could spit! Apparently the car needs a new battery cable and Ford will charge $220 plus tax to fix it!!! WHAT????? Where are we going to get THAT money from??? Unless we starve for the rest of the month... Zach's dad just sent Christmas money...but most of that is supposed to be for the kids. I certainly wouldn't want them to think Grandpa Larry didn't get them a Christmas gift! I called a car parts store and the guy said those cables only run around $20!!! So I asked Zach if its something he thinks he can fix. These are the times you wish you knew people around you so you had somebody to help fix your car for a lot less money. Meanwhile I am stranded at home. Not like I want to go anywhere in the cold, but we're in need of groceries. Of course we may not be able to afford those groceries. I am about in tears over this junk. I'm wishing we'd never went home for Thanksgiving. We thought we'd get more money from Zach's TDY to Alabama but that wasn't the case so we're in a pile of dung...crap am I getting depressed... It is really sad that you make NO $ being in the military.

7 comments:

Amie said...

At least tax returns are not too far away.

Kim said...

I pray God will send you someone,maybe one of your nice neighbors who knows how to fix that for you guys. I hate having to spend such a pile of money on things like that. Don't be down in the dumps:) Things will work out for you guys.

cdymom said...

HI Jamie!

I have missed you so much. You are like a daughter and a friend. I hven't been able to get into your blog but I guess God wanted me to today.
Michael, our son finally got back from Iraq this November. I really is good to have him back in the states. Three times in Iraq is too much. He is going to be in KY until March and then he will be going to Ft. Meade Maryland. The best thing about that is there is not going to be any deployment from that base. Michael was suppose to go to Afghanistan Jan 2010. I am so thankful he will not be going there.
Your family is growing up so much. I can't believe how tall Josiah looks. Baby Abby's eyes are so blue. I love them. I am sure Hannah and Gabe are good with the baby.
You have such a sweet family. I know you get frustrated with everything that is going on and with no money, but try and take some quiet time this season and just reflect on how much God means to you at this time of year.
We are struggling also. Jerry hasn't worked since September. living on one income retirement money is no fun. We still have so much to be thankful for. Our families are healthy and are safe in this country.
Cody is struggling more this year in school. He seems to have lost another year. I am going to detoxify his brain again. ( that means to take out the poisons and heavy metals out of the body) He did it two years ago and it really made a difference in his talking. Maybe this time it will make a difference in being able to retrieve the material he is taught. We are doing lap books this year. He seems to like it better since he can't read, he can use them as reference points.
I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope the new year will be a blessing to you all.
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Never take your car to a dealer to get fixed they are way to expensive, find some little shop around there, they are much cheaper.

Erika said...

I just read something last week in the Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis that applies to your situation... "When things go wrong, you'll find they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things once start going right they often go on getting better and better." I am praying that things will start getting better and better for your family real soon. :)

Beth said...

I'm sorry things are so bad right now. I think everyone goes through these trials for a reason. See if one of your neighbors might be able to help with the car. We had a similar issue with our vehicle and Danny was able to fix it for about $25...maybe the library has the "fix it" manual for the car?

For the cold issue on the house, have you looked into the plastic shrinkable weather film that covers the windows? That stuff works great! We used it every year when we lived in Alaska, it is clear so you can still see through the windows. Very frustrating that the builders did such a bad job though. You may have to be the "squeaky wheel" to get them to fix stuff for you.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I just had to read through about 2 weeks of your posts to catch up. We were in "The Singing Christmas Tree" at church last week and that took a lot of time from our usual schedule.

DDanielle said...

If you're like me maybe you need to find time to do some baking, it can be relaxing....then again holiday baking is sometimes a different story! Chad has done a lot of car and home repairs without having done it before. He researches a lot before he does something and does seem to know when its over his head. We have saved a lot of money that way.
We haven't done our Christmas cards yet either and we just send pictures...but still. It seems like we have no time for it.
I'm praying everything works out for you!