Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Deals over the days

We finally made it to Ames today so I could go to the consignment store. I made like $29 there and I wanted to see what I could find the kids. A month ago I had a big list of things they needed but it wasn't as big since we just had Christmas so I guess its a good thing I held off! Here's what I got:

-1 pair of Oshkosh jeans for Sweet Pea
-1 pair of Gap jeans for SP
-1 pair of Carter's jeans for SP
-1 jean skirt for Chatterbox
AND a Bumbo seat!!!

Guess how much I spent out of pocket? Only $12!!! I am so psyched! I had never heard of Bumbo seats until my friend Sara told me about them and I've been eyeing them for awhile now (as if I need more baby stuff around...the living room is starting to look like a daycare). I love finding 'deals'. I can't wait to see what else I sell!!! Sweet Pea seems to like the seat. How neat.

Yesterday we ran to downtown Des Moines. We had to get new plates for the vehicles finally. Thankfully Zach brought in his paper saying he's in the military- it only cost like $34 instead of what would have been $300!!! What a savings! It took over an hour- you should have seen the long line. And then the worker was a huge jerk. Oh well, at least we got our deal! So, no more Mississippi plates for us!

We plan on taking the kids to see Marly & Me soon. That movie looks so cute & funny. The families from our church are getting together & we'll probably join them. It will be nice to fellowship & get together outside of church. Thursday morning I'm going to go out with one of Zach's co-workers wives & her friend (who also homeschools). I look forward to getting out and getting to know people! I just hope its not as windy as it is today. That wind is so strong & biting cold! Yuck!

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of the year. Unreal. It FLEW by!!!

5 comments:

Mama P said...

YAY for Bumbo! Those things are overpriced, but absolutely helpful. Awesome that you scored one cheap.

Warning about Marley and Me - you might want to look up some reviews or something. My sister-in-law went to see it and she said it is not appropriate for young children, and the kids sitting in front of her left the theater sobbing. I guess it is emotionally strong or something. Just be careful...

Shari said...

You'll have to let me know how the kids like Marley and Me. We went and saw Bedtime Stories last night. It was good. Better than I thought it would be. The girls laughed so much through it.

So awesome on the plate discount. We paid a bunch for our burb plates.

What's a Bumbo? I guess I have to go and google it now.

Amie said...

Wow, that is a steal for a bumbo seat! I wanted one for Sadie, but never wanted to shell out the money.

I read "Marley and Me", it's such a cute story.

Kim said...

I had a seat like a bumbo for Jalynn, she was too chunky to sit in it though. I sold it on ebay. Jess bougth me that book Marley & Me. It's really cute. I hope to go see the movie too. What awesome deals you got. I need to go bargain shopping.

Beth said...

Yay for bargain shopping! I love consignment stores! Wish there were some here. But we will be moving before too long so it won't matter.