Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm Poop-ed

As Booty Shaker would say... He tends to say all words in the past tense and to pronounce them with -ed. Eated, pooped, sleeped... Silly boy.

This is funny. Zach was checking his myspace and wanted to add a friend. He said, "I hate how they have this riddle you're supposed to solve when you want to add a friend" and I had no idea what he was talking about, thinking maybe myspace added something new (I barely do myspace anymore). He showed me the little box with the letters that you're supposed to type. He assumed you were supposed to try to figure out what they meant! LOL I'm still laughing about it.

Yesterday I baked and cleaned some. I cleaned the rest of the house today and have been doing laundry all day. I am exhausted. I should have quit with the laundry but I am still going. I'll finish what's washing and do the rest tomorrow.

Zach's dad was supposed to drive down tomorrow but with the weather he decided to fly in. Which is why I've been super cleaning, although it really needed it anyway. The jerky builders still haven't come by to check on things...my lock on my door in my bedroom (that goes to the outside) is rusting!!! When I was cleaning I noticed mold & ice stuck on windows throughout the house. Insane. Makes me so mad. The kids are super excited that Grandpa is coming to visit and super excited for Christmas. I love seeing their excitement as Christmas approaches!

Today Chatterbox asked me when we'd wake up on Christmas morning. I didn't want to tell her you wake up early because I like my sleep! But what kind of kid doesn't wake up early!!! So I told my mom she needs to tell her its ok to wake up early and wake us up. I was never shy about waking my parents!!!

I've made $27 consigning so far. I am super excited! I will keep the money there and try to use it for the kids. Two of them need new winter coats so I'll look for those and I'd also like to get the baby one of those covers for her car seat. Will beat a blanket flying off in the wind! Now I just have to brave the weather to head there because its in Ames! Zach has quite a bit of time off so maybe I'll just have him take me up there sometime!

Other than that nothing exciting around here. Tonight I tried to teach CB how to play Scattergories & Sequence. She beat me at Sequence! It certainly is fun to play more grown up type of games with her! I wonder if they have a Scattergories Jr. I like that game but Zach doesn't. I imagine we'll do a lot of game playing while my fil is here.

I hope you're all safe and warm in your homes!!!

7 comments:

Babyface74 said...

You sound so busy. If you haven't cleaned the mold, take pictures. Catalog it all to show the builders or if you end up in court you will have proof.

I believe they do have a scat jr. I bought one for he kids one year. I am sure they still make them.

Way to go on the consinging. I hope you are able to get what you want. Let me know if you find a cover for the car seat. We yard sale all the time and from time to time I find them here for like a buck or two. I can send it to you.

Tell Larry we send him love and Christmas wishes. He is such a cool Uncle. FIL for you. ;-)

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Kim said...

You definitely sound busy. That's too funny how BS uses the past tense of everything. Kids are so cute! I remember when Jesse was like two he always talked in third person. Everything was 'Jesse's' instead od him saying 'mine'. How wonderful you will have family for the Holiday. That's cool you and CB get to spend time together and paly games like that. I bought the boys some games for Christmas this year, so Im looking forwar to playing with them. I got them operatin and Guess who. I think there is a scattergories JR too. at least I think I heard of it before. Well Merry Christmas! Enjoy your company!

Kim said...

Sorry for so many misspelled words in my comment;)

Kim said...

Sorry for so many misspelled words in my comment;)

Beth said...

It is funny that BS says so much using the past tense. Minnie Mouse does the same thing...and she is 7. Will she ever outgrow it?

You sound really busy. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy your FIL's visit. I love the kids' excitement for events. It is rather contagious.

My kids love to play games. Life is one of their favorites!

Shari said...

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels like I'm constantly doing laundry. I just can't get stuff like that done during the week with school. Plus it doesn't help that my washer is leaking somewhere. Not sure where though. Got a really wet foot when I walked by the washer the other day and hadn't even used it for like 3 or 4. Todd thinks he knows what the problem is. I sure hope so.

So exciting that you will have family for Christmas. My parents are here but are going to my sisters. As long as the weather holds out. Maybe they'll be here for Christmas after all!!!

Merry Christmas to you and the family!!

Amie said...

I love how little kids talk like that.