Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 annoyances on this snowy tuesday

I called the good ol' cable company about our bill last night. You see when I signed us up I signed up for $19.95 a month. So, why am I getting charged $35 a month? There's the $19.95 and then a $15 fee. Why is there a $15 fee? Well I guess I'm being 'penalized' because I don't use any of their other services! Is that stupid or what???? It isn't much more to get basic cable so we will probably just do that. It is really irritating and why didn't they tell me that when I signed up for their stupid services??? And I'm locked into a year contract so its not like I can switch and go elsewhere for internet...crooked companies.

Booty Shaker was doing so well sleeping in his bed. For awhile. He's been climbing in our bed in the middle of the night again. He expects to sleep with his lamp and nightlight on. I don't think so- our electric bill went from $90 last month to $188 this month! We haven't changed anything in our electric use, besides leaving on his light for him. Well, buddy- get used to your nightlight!! Last night he was up numerous times calling for Zach. He went and laid with him for awhile but then BS woke up crying. I just tried to ignore him thinking he'd fall back to sleep. Finally I went in there and threatened him (you want to sleep in the cold basement, want me to turn off the lights, do you want me to take your Christmas presents away?). This boy was doing so well sleeping and now its back to square one! Frustrating indeed! I already wake up with the baby, I don't need my 4 year old waking me also!

What's up with like 1 or 2 comments lately? Seriously, I think more people than that read my blog! Thank you to you faithful commenter's...I like to read what you have to say and to know you're here reading abut me. Please, its really not that hard to leave a comment if you read... I also miss seeing many of you blog!!!

3 comments:

DDanielle said...

LOL sorry, I had to laugh at the threats. The things parents come up with in the middle of the night to threaten kids with. Daniel has been watching "Mighty machines" before bed (We did the thing we would "never do" and put a TV in his room..no cable). The threat that he won't be able to watch it works well...but then again he doesn't get up in the middle of the night.

Kim said...

I know there is always some kind of trick behind something when you think you're getting a real good deal, then you see the bill, and they didn't mention that part to you that was gonna cost you extra. Hunny always makes them give him the total of what next month's bill will be when he switched or gets something new. That way they tell him everything and we don't get any surprise bills. That's got to be hard w/ BS waking in the middle of night. Sounds like you get a lot of broken up sleep. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Babyface74 said...

I hate when cable companies pull that "deal" stuff. Its never what they say its going to be.

Sorry I haven't left many messages. We have been super busy. I just updated out blog yesterday. Its the first time in forever. You forget how busy this time of the year is. And its not freezing here. We are still at 78 outside. So that is where we have been.

I am glad SP is feeling better. We are dealing with the "crud" too. I don't have any advise on BS. I wish I did. I hate waking up in the middle of the night. You just aren't rested when you get up like that.