Tuesday, December 02, 2008

quick update...

We decided last Tuesday morning to go home for Thanksgiving and we left that day around 5 pm! Talk about spur of the moment! Drove to the Twin Cities for the night and then ventured the rest of the way on Wed. I got to stop in Ironwood and visit my cousin and see her new house (and see my other cousin too). We had a good Thanksgiving with lots of delicious food. We were able to see most of our family. We didn't get to see my dad and stepmom because she is sick. I really wanted to see them. And I stressed to everybody that I wasn't going to drive the hour up to see them all (from my mom's) so they all came to see us! It was such a short time up there that we just weren't going to put that on ourselves! We also got together with Zach's brother & sister and their families at his dad's. It was so nice to all get together again! Saturday night we were going to stay at his sisters but there was a chance of snow on Sun;day so we decided we'd better start heading home. Don't wanna get stuck in yucky weather! We had a good time visiting with them on Saturday though (even though we'd seen them on Friday). Chatterbox had fun playing with her 9 year old cousin M & Junior Squirrel really had a lot of fun playing with A, who claims she's a tomboy! He was excited that she has his phone number and can call him! Cute! Zach's mom drove 4 hours to see us!

I had some funny stories to share but I'm not sure I remember them all! On the way up to the U.P. JS got sick all over himself! He didn't want to eat his breakfast and I'd told him he didn't have to. It was NOT fun trying to clean that up on the side of the interstate! Thanks mom for being willing to wash the clothes for me! I'm so thankful that Zach, Sweet Pea & I haven't gotten sick at all! The other three all had some sort of virus it seems. One night when Zach was bathing Booty Shaker JS had to pee. Being that we were out in the country I took him outside. He was fearful his peepee would freeze and grow icicles! I couldn't stop laughing about that! Goofy kid! Sweet Pea was an awesome traveler and did so well! She wouldn't 'talk' much while up there (not like at home), the stinker. But once she saw my Uncle Ernie she was just smiling away at him! He has such a way with kids, all of my kids have just loved him! Even still they do (of course who wouldn't love a man who gives them $5)! Thanks Uncle!

We stayed at the most beautiful hotel on the way back to Iowa. It is called the Hotel Chequamegon. We've passed it many times before but never stayed there. Beautiful! I wanted to explore it but was too tired to do so! And it was SO cheap!!! My kind of accommodations!

When we got home on Sunday we had snow. The kiddos were thrilled. They didn't get to play in the snow in Michigan because they didn't have a whole lot and we really didn't have a lot of time! So yesterday they got to go out in the white stuff for awhile. Good thing too because today its melting a bit!

Yesterday we put our tree up. I have never seen that tree get decorated as quickly as last night! Granted you have many ornaments on one branch or bunched together but I'm not sure it took them even 5 minutes! It was like a race or something! The kiddos sure had fun and are so excited to have it up!

Well, I will try to get pictures on soon. The baby's fussing and I'm cold down in this dark basement (I SO need a new connector for the laptop)!

2 comments:

Amie said...

It was so nice to see you guys, and I'm glad I got to meet Sweet Pea before she is walking :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I were close enough to hop in the car and go see family! Glad you had a good time:)
Merry Christmas,
Gina