Busy day. Got the pup. Have a headache. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to update!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Good thing we were successful in school the past couple of days because today is a flop! CB had her orthodontist appointment this morning so it threw me off. We didn't have time to begin beforehand and after a trip to the grocery store it was lunchtime. I just was not in the mood to do school so only made them do math and spelling. I'm trying to get little things done that I never seem to do (balance checkbook, make grocery list & menu, figure out bills, etc).
The ortho said that he'll just keep having her come back every 6 months and see what her tooth do. I'm glad there's no need to pull teeth or to get braces right now. I think its rather silly to get braces when you don't have all of your permanent teeth.
The boys had fun with their baby-sitter. She's such a sweet gal...we're so blessed. She will call just to see how we're all doing!
Is anybody else having problems with blogger? Every time I go to post I get this error message and then in my 'edit posts' page the post is there twice. So ridiculous. I'm frustrated beyond belief with blogger & Picasa lately...if only everybody would get on facebook (though I do like blogging to show progress and all in school).
It is unreal...the days that are 'warm' (today its 30*) its so windy....it is so frustrating! The wind is biting cold! So glad I never go anywhere but I swear I'm getting cabin fever!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
We finished school before lunch two days in a row now! It is amazing and oh so very nice! We even did a little extra today because CB has an appointment tomorrow morning.
Junior Squirrel and I were reading The Boxcar Children and just finished it. He wants to get the next one. I love reading aloud to my children! Chatterbox is reading The Wind in the Willows now and we're enjoying that.
Sweet Pea is fussy today. It looks like the tip of her tongue is bruised. She really needs a nap right now and every time I try to put her down when she's just about asleep she wakes up and cries (right now she's crying in her swing....trying to find her fingers). Now if only she can put herself to sleep for awhile! She's been laughing a bit more. It's fun to see her laugh at her siblings! She's sure growing by leaps & bounds!
I haven't even had to teach Booty Shaker lately...I turn my head & he knows exactly what to do! He's so smart and easy to teach...although he can get an attitude about some things!
CB is going to go to a TeenPact class in April. Our friends (pastor) are very involved in it and she asked if CB could go with them when she takes her girls. I looked at what it is, what they do and talked to Zach about it. Then I asked CB about it. She was a bit apprehensive and I had to explain some of it to her (not telling her right away that she'd be going with her friends). I also explained how its so important for us as Christians to get involved in our government, I think especially now more than ever. So, she will check it out. Hopefully it will be a step for our whole family to get more involved in government.
I notice many people are thinking about quitting blogging now that they're on facebook. Although I feel like I don't blog as often I have no intentions of quitting, especially since I don't think a lot of my family is on it.
We get our puppy on Saturday. The kids are so excited. Well, we all are. I'm gearing up for sleepless nights and potty training. I hope she's going to be easy to train. I can't remember if I posted the new pictures of her or not, that the lady sent? I'll have to check and do that.
Today in school we talked about Augustus Caesar. We will take baths like the Romans did. I'll 'massage' the kid's backs with olive oil and let them linger in the tub. I'll bring them a drink and grapes and when they're done a heated towel! They're looking forward to it.
Why is it that I can't remember what else I was going to blog about? I hate that! I had all of these ideas going through my head and now I can't remember any of them. That's what happens when I put it off I guess.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I've been meaning to take pictures of what we do throughout a day but haven't gotten around to it (I forget in the morning). Hopefully since I have my batteries charging on the counter I'll remember tomorrow. We have been cruising along with schoolwork. Junior Squirrel finished his Science book so we'll move on to something else (I have some good science readers I think we'll read and maybe do some projects). We only have 2 weeks left in our history! It will be nice to finish it. I can't believe we're almost done with it!!!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I've been saying and thinking how so many people look at our new President as a type of 'savior'. They think he's the cure-all for the problems in our country. Well, check out this article. It hits a bit close to home...right down the street from us in Des Moines! Crazy people!
I have to admit that I've been trying to steer clear of recent news but I have been catching snippets here and there. It is so sad to see how in his first few days in office our new President has managed to really overturn some very important 'issues' in this country. As I told Zach (and pardon my language here), "Our country is going to hell in a handbag" (and fast). May the Lord judge the actions and may we pray for our President and country like never before! My reason for trying to be ignorant to it all is because it would seriously depress me. If I sat and thought on these things long enough, especially abortion, I would burst into tears and wouldn't stop. Heaven has got to be filled with these innocent babies' who are given no chance here on earth. Sad. Depressing.
Friday, January 23, 2009
This week has been a bit off for me with Zach having Monday off and dentist appointments and all. I can't believe the weekend is here at last. And why do I care since we never do anything or have money to do anything!? Here we live somewhere where there's actually things to do- new places to try out, new restaurants to eat at yet we never do. Kinda stinks. I'm tired of cold, windy winter! I'm tired of being cooped up! I'm tired of no money and never eating out. Honestly I could probably count on one hand the number of times we've eaten out at a REAL restaurant since we've lived here! Crazy!
My visit with the supervising teacher went well. She just looked at what books we're using and made notes of it and also we talked a bit about what we're learning right now. She teaches third grade so it was cool to see that we're 'on' with her school in science (learning about the food chain) and that we're a bit 'ahead' in cursive writing. I was a bit frustrated with not meeting with her beforehand but she's super sweet, laid back and a Christian that I really can't ask for more!
I kept getting a bill for an appointment I took Sweet Pea to in December. I finally called about it. She got listed under Tricare Standard rather than Prime Remote! I KNOW that is NOT our mistake and as soon as the lady told me it was our deductible to pay and that she was under standard a bell went off in my head. I remember back when we moved here Zach's co-worker saying that Tricare did that with their baby! So, really it is Tricare's mistake and hopefully we can contest the bill and I think Zach already filled out the paperwork to get her switched to the correct type. Stupid insurance!
I have an orthodontist appointment scheduled for Chatterbox next week. Their consult appointments are free so that's nice. It stinks that our insurance doesn't pay for braces & orthodontist care. You'd think with the number of people these days that needs those services that they'd cover more than they do. Oh well, I shouldn't complain because we're pretty blessed by what coverage we have (hopefully that doesn't change with our new President).
Chatterbox gets her new glasses tonight. I am sure it will be nice for her to see again! Her current glasses are small for her face now so it will be nice to see glasses that fit her better. She finished reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in school today. Now she wants to read Wind in the Willows. She sure loves to read.
Last night I had a splitting headache and went up in bed around 8! I read for a couple of hours and by the time I went to sleep it was just about gone. Thankfully! I felt horrible for awhile there!
Zach has to go to Dallas in March for a conference. Apparently they're making him drive because its cheaper. If you know Zach you know that he's directionally challenged. He'd like us to tag along and take a bit of vacation. We'll see. There's always the money factor. But we've never been to Dallas and it would be nice to go somewhere warmer for a bit! He tests for Master Sargent next month and has to drive to Offut to test. He mentioned last night us tagging along and staying over the night before. We'll see. I honestly don't want to go anywhere with these cold temps! Plus with having a new puppy... Apparently he'll get a couple of weeks off this summer before he goes to MS for 5 weeks. Not sure what we'll do, he'll probably want to go home though.
Speaking of cold temps it was so nice yesterday! I went out and shoveled our sidewalk off (it had been covered in snow for over a week and was driving me nuts because it wasn't getting shoveled). I didn't even have to wear gloves! Now its windy and cold again. Spring can't come fast enough!
I tried to upload pictures but something wouldn't work right (on both computers). I am really quite frustrated with this Picasa 3! Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll have pictures to share!
I better get off. Zach will be home soon. I was going to try a new chicken recipe but we'll have leftover Taco Casserole instead. I'm just not in the mood to cook!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Today was the kids' dentist appointments. Fun, fun! In Mississippi they got to see a pediatric dentist and they loved it. Who wouldn't love going to the dentist to play video games & all? Here we don't get that option and I wondered how they'd now view the dentist for before they always loved to go. I'm sure all of that will change what with the results of the appointments! It was fine, everybody was really friendly but I didn't like the end results.
Chatterbox had sealants put on molars almost 3 years ago. They're gone. So, I have to wait until May to get them again (otherwise insurance won't cover as they only cover every 3 years). They don't cover 100% but close enough. Why bother getting them on if they come off? I'm a bit annoyed but I don't want further problems down the road. Also, its recommended that she see an orthodontist. Now I knew she'd need that type of care eventually. I guess it's best just to see if there's anything they can do to prevent further problems (maybe pull baby teeth early, etc). I have no idea about our insurance and orthodontists but I don't think its covered at all. So I need to look into it all.
Junior Squirrel also needs sealants, at least in one tooth for sure. I went ahead and scheduled his appointment to get them all done. Otherwise things seemed pretty good with him.
Booty Shaker has the beginnings of a cavity (at 4 years old!!!) so we need to get that filled. Zach and I brush his & JS's teeth so I'm surprised by this! And he's the one with such nice looking teeth with a lot of space between!
I know both Zach & I have had issues with teeth so I'm sure our children will inherit all that fun stuff. I just didn't expect it this soon! I guess they're growing up! I'm so thankful for dental insurance at times like this!
Speaking of insurance I got a bill from when I took Sweet Pea to the doctor over a month ago when she was all congested. A bill!?!? I need to call insurance about it and see what's up with that. I hate dealing with these 'adult, responsible' things...especially when it comes to insurance things!
I need to get off. Our supervising teacher is finally coming today and I need to get ready for her visit. By the way, Sweet Pea sure likes to blow little raspberries now. She's in her exersaucer & probably quite soaked from drool but she's happy as can be and smiling away as I look at her!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
*these are pictures from her current owner who so graciously emailed them! Isn't she a doll??
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Today has been such a lazy day. I can think of hundreds of things to do yet I'm not doing any of them. It's Sunday after all! On our way to church today we saw about 25 cars in the ditch! I'm not exaggerating that number either! Well, its about 34 interstate miles. Unreal though!
After lunch Zach took the kids sledding. Sweet Pea & I stayed at home and played with her toys, pat-a-cake and played with her toes. By the time they got back I was ready for a nap so SP and I headed upstairs and took a nice nap. It was wonderful. Now I feel like I have a bit of a headache and I can't believe its already getting dark. I haven't yet decided if I'll do school tomorrow since Zach will be home. I'd like to, so that means I have school lessons to get together. Maybe he'll actually do history with us. I think we learn about Cleopatra tomorrow. We're almost done with volume 1 of Mystery of History. The kids are getting burnt out with it (we've been doing it since last year). So when we're done I think we'll do some American History. I've got some books in the basement & I can print sheets for them and do something like that I think.
We have a lot of 'maybes' on our calendar this week. Lunch n Lit for Chatterbox at the library, roller skating on Friday, a homeschool meeting. Not sure we'll do any of it! We'll have to see how I feel and how the weather is. I sure wish I felt more 'plugged in' here though...I forget how long it takes to feel like a place is home!
Ok, Sweet Pea is fussing and I need to get dinner started (hey Risa I think I'm going to make tuna melts). Hope you all had a great weekend too! At least we all seem to be a little warmer!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Well my streak of being homebound was cut last night. We went out to Pizza Hut for dinner. It's amazing how now our family can eat a large pizza and take home no leftovers (I forgot the kiddos Book It coupons). I remember the days of having leftovers from a medium pizza!
This morning I ran out and finally got a haircut! I hadn't had one since before Sweet Pea was born! My hair has been falling out in such large amounts I'm surprised I'm not bald! It was nice to finally get it cut, though I couldn't decide on what length and so she had to 'cut' it three times until I was finally happy! She was so patient though! I also got my eyebrows waxed. Chatterbox had come with me and was asking all about that. I asked her if she remembered seeing it before on the show 'What Not to Wear' and she says, "Mom, you should go on that show!" We were cracking up! Angy (the lady who cuts my hair) thinks me kids are so funny (last time Junior Squirrel commented on how the wax looked like puke). I told her next time I'll bring in Booty Shaker.
I am so slow going in reading the latest book I have. It is called Eden Close by Anita Shreve. It took forever to get into it. I'm finally to the point where I want to see what happens so hopefully I'll finish it this weekend.
Zach was supposed to go to Notre Dame this weekend but skated out of it. I'm glad he didn't go since its a long weekend & all. This afternoon we played Trouble (well I didn't because only 4 people can play). We also played hide & go seek with toy cars! I think each of us found only about 1 car that was hid (we had like two minutes to find five). Lazy Saturday fun at our house!
Friday, January 16, 2009
I find that if I wake up at 8 as opposed to even 8:15 or 8:30 that our school day seems to go much smoother! How is it that 1/2 hour or less makes such a difference? Weird! I've been trying to make myself get up at 8 so that we can finish school. Things go so much better in the morning as opposed to the afternoon. After lunch I'm ready to be done and I know the kids are too. So this week has been nice in that most days we've managed to finish school earlier than the week before. I suppose it took time to get back into our school routine too. Booty Shaker really likes his school. I need to order him math to do...he's so ready! I've also been reading our Bible story at the breakfast table and then I eat breakfast when the kids are getting ready for the day. It is nice to have an afternoon to play! We played some games yesterday. I'm sure Chatterbox likes the waking earlier. She is such an early riser! The other morning her clock was set wrong...she was up before Zach went to work reading! She thought it was 7 but it was only like 6!!! Back to bed for her! This morning I had to ask her not to come in my room anymore unless she hears me up...otherwise she's bound to wake the baby or I and I'd prefer to wake on my own terms (I'm a much happier person that way)!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
What to do, what to do??? I cancelled my dentist appointment for today because of uncertain weather, lack of childcare & a conflicting time with Pella. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder than today & that's the only time they could get me in until the end of February! I don't want to go out in that cold nor do I expect my friend to take out her children, drive 1/2 hour and watch my kids. If only my babysitter didn't go out of town! I hate that I'd have to cancel again...and I haven't been to the dentist since like last Feb! That would probably be the first time in my life going that long between appointments! Good thing my teeth are good...but I want them to stay that way! Especially with all the denture-wearers in the family! So I'll more than likely cancel but I hate it that they can't get me in sooner...unless of course I were to complain about something (I'm trying to think if I've had any issues in my mouth lately).
I forgot to mention yesterday about my boys' fascination with the snow plow! I think the truck must be a combo plow/salter type thing & the back sticks up. They saw it drive by (how they've missed it before is beyond me) and were CRACKING up!!! Oh boy, those 'southern' boys! LOL
I think I've become a hermit crab. I never want to leave my house. And it tends to sometimes make me a crab! It is so cold out. I miss days when I'd spontaneously take the kids to play at McDonalds & catch up with a friend. The days I wasn't afraid to go out because it was too cold. I never go anywhere besides church lately! I don't even go to the grocery store anymore unless its absolutely necessary. I guess we're saving money on buying things we don't need & on gas but it is really annoying to have no life outside of my four walls. My 'socialization' tends to be through facebook these days. How sad is that?
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I got the new Serene & Pearl CD & I LOVE it. I was feeling so down & just had a bad attitude about everything and stuck this in and I feel so encouraged. I could cry just thinking about the impact the words have. If you've never heard them sing go to the Above Rubies site and take a listen right now! Then try to support this awesome ministry & buy a CD! No, I don't get anything for putting that plug out there...but I can bet you will be encouraged in your role as a wife and mother!
My boy is upstairs worshipping Jesus. His sister was annoying him and he comes down and says, "Mom, Chatterbox is bugging me while I worship Jesus!" How could I not smile?
Am I the only one who is excited for American Idol tonight??? I can't wait! Also, I admit I've been putting in my votes for HGTV's Dream Home...yeah DREAM is right!
And blizzard? We never saw one here. It got windy but didn't snow so it wasn't bad. It's cold though and I'm thankful I get to stay inside. Thanks to Zach for running to the store for me after work! I'll be making homemade pizzas for dinner.
Monday, January 12, 2009
We're supposed to get a blizzard today. Zach got off at noon. Since about then we haven't had any snow fall. The wind doesn't appear to be blowing. So I wonder where the blizzard is. I'm sure its coming though.
Our supervising teacher was supposed to come today but because of the 'weather' schools & all were getting out early & she cancelled. I was supposed to meet w/her by now & haven't at all this year! I really hope we can meet up soon (I just don't want to get in any 'trouble' with any homeschooling laws here).
Ok, well our baby-sitter and her niece are coming over to say hi so I need to get off! I've got dinner going in the crockpot and it smells heavenly (chicken tortilla casserole). So glad I don't have to worry about cooking tonight now, besides maybe whipping up some refried beans for the rest of the family (I can't stand them).
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Yeah, my blog keeps freezing up on me. And Picasa. Ever since Picasa 3 was downloaded to my computer I've had problems with it. I don't know what the deal is. This laptop is a piece of garbage anyway but it works for other things. I couldn't even post pictures on my blog through my blog...or the whole computer would freeze. Has anybody else had problems? I have two videos to share of Sweet Pea but I'm not sure how I'll do that when I keep having these issues.
Sweet Pea was cracking up at Booty Shaker tonight. He was minding his own business pretending he was swimming in a pool (his blanket) on the floor and she just started laughing. She's never laughed that much before! It was precious & I had tears!
We had a good time last night at our game night. We played Taboo. That sure is a fun game. We did a lot more talking (and eating) than game playing but it was a fun time! Tonight Zach had a few of the neighbor guys over to play Risk.
I got my new Serene & Pearl CD & I love it. I have only been able to listen to bits & pieces so far but it is encouraging. And their voices are so beautiful.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
I know, I know...I'm really not that excited. But it is nice to see a bit more of the white stuff. It began raining yesterday, then was mixed, then snowed. I couldn't believe how much snow was out there this morning! The kids (and Zach) ran out to play in it right after breakfast. Zach also shoveled. While they were romping outside I was indoors cleaning bathrooms, doing a bit of touch-up dusting & vacuuming floors. And of course taking care of the baby! Tonight I'm having a few of the Air Force wives over for a game night. Not like there's a whole lot of us anyhow. It's a small detachment we have here. There's only two enlisted guys, which makes only two of us wives, but we all get together & get along great. I'm so blessed to have a great bunch of ladies (although I haven't met all of them yet).
I just finished making the children some play-doh. Turned out I made it green & yellow...go Packers? Well, next year maybe? I can hear them down in the basement (great play-doh place) exclaiming over their creations! I have all of these cookie cutters that a dear friend from MS gave me awhile back & we've always used them for play-doh.
Sweet Pea is lying on the floor sucking her thumb sleeping! It is so cute! It's the second time she's done that today! She rolls onto her side and conks out! It is adorable! Earlier she managed to move in a complete circle while lying on her back!
For our game night tonight I'm going to make Lil' Smokies, chili cheese dip & brownies. I love the boxed Triple Chunk brownies. I'm such a sucker for chocolate! I made Lil' Smokies for our New Year's Eve get-together but I never did get to taste even one of them! Apparently Zach invited some neighbor guys over tomorrow night for a game of Risk so whatever is left over (I'm sure there will be plenty since there are only going to be 5 of us gals...although 2 are pregnant) I can save for his game night!
I'm trying to upload new pictures but for some reason it won't detect my camera. It seems like every time I try to upload pictures I have an issue...ever since I got the Picasa 3. I never had such issues with 2!
Well, I am going to try to finish the book I'm reading before tonight so I better run. I'll also try to get some pictures on (no idea what's on my camera as I haven't been as good at taking pictures).
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Ok y'all I'm NOT pregnant!!!!!! THAT list was from LAST year's thankful list! That was when I was pregnant with Sweet Pea! Too funny!!! Just clearing it up...don't want 'rumors' started!
Have you heard about the latest law that's passed? Well, I'm sure there's ones that have passed since then but this will affect us quite a bit, I think. No more garage sales. No more getting our children things from thrift stores or consignment shops. No more buying used curriculum for our homeschools. What on earth has this country come to!?!?!? I just recently started consigning clothes & I love it. I love going to thrift stores to buy my kids clothes, especially since they go through them so fast. Then I think about my sister-in-law Amie & others who make baby/children items. Granted, sometimes they're gifts, but will that be 'allowed'??? Here's some sites I've found so far on what I'm talking about:
Ok, I can see how its GREAT as far as lead and all in products for our children. I agree with that. But its absurd really. Please contact your Congressmen!
I don't think I mentioned that I'll be continually adding to my thankful & reading lists & you can check them from time to time (if you're interested) on the sidebar. If I did mention that already, well sorry!
On a totally different note I was lying in bed with Sweet Pea last night and watching her sleep. I feel so blessed that God has given me another baby to love, to hold, to raise. I was thinking how now its so natural that she's here. I think we hit that 4 month mark and it didn't ever seem 'weird' anymore to have another baby. I can't remember what life was like before she was here. She's become so familiar to me- her smiles, her cries, the little faces she makes. We seem to have a bond that is just so special. It amazes me how you can bond with such tiny babies that don't understand much. But they do understand the love given them. It saddens my heart to think of babies who don't have that love, who aren't nurtured. I love loving on my babies- on all of them!!!
I think my oldest 'baby' is growing up. Yesterday I was fixing her hair and she kind of stunk like BO. Our kiddos get baths every other day. I guess maybe she's getting into those years where she needs a shower every day. I prefer baths every day but I guess if the kids don't do much its not like they're dirty! I asked her if she ever feels sweaty or stinky & talked to her a bit about it all. Is 8 too young to start hitting that stage???
I can't believe my boys are still sleeping! I've been trying to roll out of bed right around 8 this week so we can do school at a decent time. Well, the boys are still out! Us girls are sitting on the couch. Chatterbox is reading 'The Far Side' and Sweet Pea is looking over at me & smiling! I sure love her smiles!
Today I'm going to make homemade chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. I can't wait to smell it cooking all day and then to eat it! That's about all the exciting plans I have for today, besides doing school!
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Written 1/25/08, for more recent scroll down...
As I was lying in bed last night unable to sleep I thought how I'd like to make a thankful list for the year. That way I can look back and see how God has blessed us. So here we go!
1. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who loves my children and I. He goes out of his way to make sure I get much needed 'me' time plus he helps out immensely with the children.
2. I am thankful for three wonderful, beautiful, healthy children. They are so precious and I could not imagine my life without them (it would be pretty dull).
3. I am thankful for the two babies waiting for me in heaven. I am thankful that God allowed me to carry them in my womb, if even for a short time. Pregnancy is such a blessing, a gift that God has given women and I am so thankful that He chose me to be the mother of the children that are really His, both here on earth and in heaven. I am blessed!
4. I am thankful for a Mother who raised me in the church and loved me unconditionally. Without her I wouldn't be where I am today.
5. I am thankful that we were able to go home for Christmas. It was our first Christmas in Michigan since we've been married! It was wonderful to see ALL of our family and to spend time with them all.
6. I am thankful for how God has blessed us with a new vehicle. I look at something like that and I know its a gift from Him as we try to walk faithfully and obediently in our giving to Him (both monetarily and otherwise).
7. I am thankful that I am able to stay home and care for and homeschool my children. I'm thankful that we are able to make it on one income. I'm thankful for a hard-working husband. I'm thankful that we always have a steady income.
8. I am thankful for the friends the Lord has blessed me with. I have friends all over the world- in Germany, Indonesia, North Dakota, California- everywhere. Years may go by without our talking to one another or seeing each other but we still have a tight bond. I'm thankful for the friends I've met through the Internet.
9. I am thankful for my dad, who adopted me as his own child. I am thankful that he loved me as his own, and still does. I'm also thankful for his family for accepting me as one of them. I didn't know I was 'adopted' by my dad until I was 13 years old!
10. I am thankful for my extended family. They have helped shape me into the woman I am today.
11. I am thankful for the new life growing within me. I am amazed at how God works 'behind the scenes' to design new life deep within a woman's womb. I can't wait to meet our new baby in September!
12. I am thankful that we are finally moving from Mississippi and the South. We're so ready for a new change.
13. I am thankful for good books to entertain me deep into the night.
14. I am thankful for warm temperatures and beautiful sunshine to brighten my days.
15. I am thankful for a little boy who is so eager to learn. I love seeing his persistence as he works on reading words, doing math problems, drawing and building puzzles.
16. I am thankful the an even littler boy who always makes me laugh with his goofy faces. I love how he finds security in playing with my hair and how he still feels he needs to lay close to his Mama at night.
17. I am thankful for a blossoming girl who enjoys reading and helping me around the house. I'm thankful for how much help she was when I was so sick with morning sickness.
18. I am thankful for my husband who never complained while I was out of commission for over a month. He would come home from work and dutifully feed the crew whatever he could find. He'd bathe them and care for them while I felt immobilized. He is a good man.
19. I am thankful for living in a free country where I can read my Bible, pray to Jesus and go to church without fearing my life.
20. I am thankful for clean water! My friend Brandi has been working diligently to get clean water to those in Liberia. She then is looking to move to the rest of Africa. It is amazing to see how God is using her to help those in need.
21. I am thankful for the little girl that the Lord has planned to bring into our family. We love you and can't wait to meet you!!!
22. I am thankful to live in a brand new house.
23. I am thankful to live in Iowa.
24. I am thankful for our new church family...you've been a blessing!
25. I am thankful for modern medicine to help with pain.
26. I am thankful for doctors who will help!
27. I am thankful for our new baby girl...she's such a blessing!
28. I am thankful that Zach had time off of work to help out.
29. I am thankful that my parents were able to come & visit...to help out and see our new baby.
30. I am thankful for friendly neighbors and a good neighborhood to live in.
31. I am thankful for the chance and freedom to educate my children at home.
32. I am thankful for my good health now that everything else has been taken care of.
Pretty sad that I didn't keep up with this in 2008....I truly am thankful for more than 32 things! So here begins 2009...
1. 10 years of Zach's service in the US Air Force.
2. A nursing baby
3. A daughter who loves to read as much as her mama (and Nanny).
4. A son who proudly sings songs to Jesus.
5. A boy who makes faces that crack me up- it is hilarious watching him watch TV.
6. Flannel sheets.
8. Money to provide for our needs.
9. Thoughtful friends who keep in touch.
10. A good book to read.
11. Being able to teach my children at home.
12. Serving an AWESOME God.
14. Savings on groceries
15. The shining sun
- Sorry bullets are all I have time for...
- Sweet Pea sure can move around on the floor. She's lying on a blanket and has managed to be lying in a different direction than she started out in. She will soon be rolling from her back to belly I bet. She hasn't rolled from her belly to back since I told you about it a couple of weeks ago!
- Speaking of SP, she laughed at me this morning! So sweet! First 'real' laugh at mommy! About time;)
- We ran out to lunch with Zach today to 'celebrate' his 10 years. I also took the kiddos to the library. I really like our library. I was able to sit in a rocking chair & nurse the baby while the kids looked for books. We then explored and looked for some books- came away with tons once again!!!
- I got the book Draw, Write Now for Booty. We'll see how he likes it. I've heard great things about it so I can't wait to try it in addition to what we've been doing. This morning he did the letter 'f' and can say the sound but then when he tries to say it in a word he still manages to get the 's' in there. Like 'fsish' for fish.
- Finally got the movies from my aunt! About stinkin' time!
- Baby needs me so I'm off for now!
Today marks 10 years that Zach joined the Air Force! I can't believe it has been that long! I hope 'we' go at least 10 more!!! So proud of your work & service to our country hon!!!
Monday, January 05, 2009
- Did you notice I have a new 'tracker'. Yep, now I can try to figure out who you are and see that you come by and don't leave me comments! Yep, I got you now!
- I've had a headache all day.
- I've been spit up on all day. Poor Sweet Pea...poor me...poor clothes!
- We started school again today. Went pretty good. Well, until it took Junior Squirrel forever to do his English.
- Did I mention Booty Shaker began actual school? Yep. I started him on Explode the Code today. Not like we haven't been doing things already though...just more 'official' now (if that makes sense).
- Chatterbox & I read her book 'Growing Little Women' tonight. Mind you we've had it for over a year and I think are only on like the second section. We talked about friends. She said something so profound to me: choosing your friend is choosing their heart. I couldn't have said it better my dear girl!
- CB got the new Clue game. I beat her 3 times tonight, but if she were really paying attention she could have won two of the games. Then again we've been playing a lot of games in this house (Zach & I too) and I've been kicking some b*tt!
- I made the most delicious chicken recipe tonight. It was loaded down with cheese & I just devoured it. Zach forgot to take out chicken last night so I could put something in my new slow cooker so I just threw something together. I loved it!
- I still haven't started on my thankful list for this year. What's my problem? I'm totally thankful...so I need to get on it!
- JS has a new favorite song- The Happy Song. We sang praise songs to his new CDs today and boy was he singing away on that one! So cute to hear kids sing...it brought tears to my eyes today to hear him praising God!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
No MRE's here! Tonight I made a recipe from my cookbook 'Southern Living Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites'. I love the recipes in there because they are so easy to make. This was no exception. I did alter it a bit though.
Friday, January 02, 2009
he got Combos but if you look below he doesn't look too thrilled! he's looking at the steak Zach's cutting up! My thoughts exactly little guy...
He likes it! He likes it!