Friday, January 23, 2009

yeah its the weekend!

This week has been a bit off for me with Zach having Monday off and dentist appointments and all. I can't believe the weekend is here at last. And why do I care since we never do anything or have money to do anything!? Here we live somewhere where there's actually things to do- new places to try out, new restaurants to eat at yet we never do. Kinda stinks. I'm tired of cold, windy winter! I'm tired of being cooped up! I'm tired of no money and never eating out. Honestly I could probably count on one hand the number of times we've eaten out at a REAL restaurant since we've lived here! Crazy!

My visit with the supervising teacher went well. She just looked at what books we're using and made notes of it and also we talked a bit about what we're learning right now. She teaches third grade so it was cool to see that we're 'on' with her school in science (learning about the food chain) and that we're a bit 'ahead' in cursive writing. I was a bit frustrated with not meeting with her beforehand but she's super sweet, laid back and a Christian that I really can't ask for more!

I kept getting a bill for an appointment I took Sweet Pea to in December. I finally called about it. She got listed under Tricare Standard rather than Prime Remote! I KNOW that is NOT our mistake and as soon as the lady told me it was our deductible to pay and that she was under standard a bell went off in my head. I remember back when we moved here Zach's co-worker saying that Tricare did that with their baby! So, really it is Tricare's mistake and hopefully we can contest the bill and I think Zach already filled out the paperwork to get her switched to the correct type. Stupid insurance!

I have an orthodontist appointment scheduled for Chatterbox next week. Their consult appointments are free so that's nice. It stinks that our insurance doesn't pay for braces & orthodontist care. You'd think with the number of people these days that needs those services that they'd cover more than they do. Oh well, I shouldn't complain because we're pretty blessed by what coverage we have (hopefully that doesn't change with our new President).

Chatterbox gets her new glasses tonight. I am sure it will be nice for her to see again! Her current glasses are small for her face now so it will be nice to see glasses that fit her better. She finished reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in school today. Now she wants to read Wind in the Willows. She sure loves to read.

Last night I had a splitting headache and went up in bed around 8! I read for a couple of hours and by the time I went to sleep it was just about gone. Thankfully! I felt horrible for awhile there!

Zach has to go to Dallas in March for a conference. Apparently they're making him drive because its cheaper. If you know Zach you know that he's directionally challenged. He'd like us to tag along and take a bit of vacation. We'll see. There's always the money factor. But we've never been to Dallas and it would be nice to go somewhere warmer for a bit! He tests for Master Sargent next month and has to drive to Offut to test. He mentioned last night us tagging along and staying over the night before. We'll see. I honestly don't want to go anywhere with these cold temps! Plus with having a new puppy... Apparently he'll get a couple of weeks off this summer before he goes to MS for 5 weeks. Not sure what we'll do, he'll probably want to go home though.

Speaking of cold temps it was so nice yesterday! I went out and shoveled our sidewalk off (it had been covered in snow for over a week and was driving me nuts because it wasn't getting shoveled). I didn't even have to wear gloves! Now its windy and cold again. Spring can't come fast enough!

I tried to upload pictures but something wouldn't work right (on both computers). I am really quite frustrated with this Picasa 3! Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll have pictures to share!

I better get off. Zach will be home soon. I was going to try a new chicken recipe but we'll have leftover Taco Casserole instead. I'm just not in the mood to cook!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That's nice your visit with the teacher went well. I'm so sick of cold weather too. We had a tease of 30 degree temps now back to negatives. We hardly eat out either. Jess hates to eat out because he doesn't like to eat around people and he doesn't like if the kids act up and everyone stares at you. If we ever eat out it's usually through the drive thru or we order in. I had problems with uploading pics the other day. I had to do one at a time and it finally worked. It took longer but I got them up. You should go with Zach when he goes away. I'm sure by then, you'll be wanying to get out of town.

Shari said...

I agree, I would go with Zach too. Especially to someplace warm. We too are so sick of the cold. We can feel it in the house before we even get up. It's crazy. The kids are tired of having to stay inside. Melina said yesterday that she wants to stay outside all day because they never get to go out anymore. They so love to be outside.

Glad to hear everything went well with you supervising teacher. It's so encouraging when you get confirmation that you are doing everything right.

Let me know how the orthodontist goes. We were told that Melina will have to see one soon too. YUCK.

Beth said...

I'm glad CB got her new glasses. Is she amazed at the difference in her site?

I think you should go with Zach when he goes to Dallas. That would be fun for all of you. The puppy does complicate things a bit, but you will figure it out. We have 2 dogs and they are part of the reason we have a travel trailer...with that our dogs always go with us and we never have to worry about pet friendly quarters.