Thursday, December 04, 2008

Life here in Iowa

I can't really think of good titles for my posts anymore. I guess because I feel I have to rush on the computer being that I'm in a basement! We got a new cord but turns out that isn't the problem. I have no idea what's up with it, Zach said either the motherboard or something else. So now we need to try to find somebody around here who can look at it (for free or cheap). I miss my laptop like you wouldn't believe! The only good thing to come from it all is that I'm on the computer way less. But I miss catching up on everybody here and on facebook. As I sit here typing Sweet Pea is laying on my lap 'talking' away. She has a lot she wants to say to you guys!

Did I mention we got some more snow? I went out two days and shoveled. I wouldn't have yesterday but I had to go out so I didn't want to chance getting stuck in the driveway. I can't remember if I mentioned we got stuck in the snow in Michigan (if I did sorry). Zach's dad had to pull us out! You'd think a brand new Suburban would have 4 wheel drive but not the case! It is so cold here. I'm thankful I didn't have to go out at all today. I'm tired of running out!

Tuesday I took the kiddos to an ICN class. It was on the new PBS cartoon Martha Speaks. They love that cartoon. We sat in a classroom with TVs and there were other 'schools' there too (in their classrooms that we saw on the TVs). They learned about Martha Speaks and the author and such. The two older ones had a good time but Booty Shaker didn't really want to participate! We were supposed to go to a Christmas party today but it would have cost us $15 and I just couldn't justify that! We've been plugging away at school this week. They finally got the 'hair' on their plants (which is grass). I've got pictures but like the ones from Thanksgiving have yet to load them.

Did I mention about my coat? I had bought a coat from Sears at the end of October. I didn't wear the inner part right away but noticed when I did that the sleeves were much shorter. I couldn't' find a tag on it to see why. Finally when we were in MI I found the tag (in a pocket) and noticed it was a size large (the outer part of the jacket was a XL). I wasn't surprised! So I took it back the other night (good thing I saved that receipt) only they didn't have any others like it. I really loved this jacket and was a bit bummed. I figured I'd find it online but didn't so had to haul myself to Kohl's yesterday and found a similar one (though I like the 'older' one better). At least I have a warm coat!

Well the baby is starting to get fussy and my toes are starting to get chilly so I guess that's a sign I need to head upstairs! I'm in the middle of a good book again and want to go indulge myself (if baby allows).

1 comment:

Kim said...

That really stinks that that wasn't the problem. I sure miss reading your blog everyday and catching up with you. Welcome back to the cold north and the snow. I bet the kids love it though. Glad you found another coat, you definitely need that.