Saturday, December 06, 2008

Restful Saturday

Today was such a restful day. I didn't venture out at all. I am becoming more and more a homebody! But who wants to go out in the cold! Plus we have no money to do anything. Chatterbox and I made homemade bread today. I made potato soup for dinner and we also had salad. What a wonderful combination! That bread went so quickly, although we still have another loaf left. I finished the latest book I'd been reading and I'm waiting for some books I ordered from PBS (paperbackswap) to come in.

The rest of the family is watching the new Chronicles of Narnia movie so I stole some time away to finally do some blogging and upload pictures. Now I need to sort through all the pictures and figure out what to do about them all and hopefully begin sharing them soon!

Zach bought us the game 'Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?' I love watching that on TV! He, Chatterbox and I played a few games. I made it to the Million $ question but I admit that I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader!

I really hope to meet more people here soon. I think you really don't feel like you settle in for awhile and meeting new friends really helps with that process. I feel like I know many people but haven't really made many close connections yet and thats hard. I'd like to have a friend to meet for a playdate or to go out for dessert or coffee with once in awhile. So please pray that the Lord will bring me a friend! Sorry if it sounds silly;)

4 comments:

Angie said...

Aww...a few tears came to my eyes as I read that last paragraph. I will pray for you and a friend to meet...but you still have to keep me!!

Miss ya tons!

Kim said...

I pray you meet a nice lady and become good friends. I know it can get lonely and you need a lady friend to talk to once in awhile.

Becca said...

Too bad you weren't closer...we could meet for playdates. :)

I feel isolated too...that extra 15 minutes from friends adds up tho it is nice to be close to my sister....I should talk though, I can imagine how you must feel very isolated at times...imagine being all by yourself somewhere new....really makes one appreciate your family at home, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

God knows exactly what we need and when we need it! So He has already got someone lined up:)
I have the same problem each time we move and love it when I finally do feel settled.
Prayers coming your way,
Merry Christmas,
Gina