Sunday, July 27, 2008

Baby, I just want to meet you!

Dear Abby,
First I want to say I hope you really are a girl because we refer to you as Abby. We're buying pinks and purples and I wouldn't want to dress my boy in those colors;) Maybe we will get a chance to find out for sure before you are born. I will be quite shocked if you come out and they declare you a boy!

I am so anxious to meet you. This afternoon on the way home from church I envisioned your tiny body wrapped in a blanket and sleeping in my arms. I imagine your tiny fingers as they try to grasp at the air. I picture you snuggled up close to me as I nurse you, both of us eventually falling asleep together. I can't wait to see your sweet little face, to kiss those cheeks and hold you close. I love to feel your kicks and movements within. You certainly can be active, and it is fun to watch the different shapes my belly can take!

I am so thankful for you, that God has blessed our family with a new baby to love, nurture, raise and hold. I'm so thankful that He has held you tight and kept you safe despite things happening to Mommy's body. I'm anxious to meet you and not quite sure I want to wait 8 more weeks to do so! Mommy loves you, precious babe!

3 comments:

Amie said...

Wow, I have missed A LOT! Jeremiah mentioned something about you in the hospital, but I thought he meant the post where they thought you already passed the stone...

I hope the weeks just fly by, and I bet they will induce a bit early for this.

I totally understand about the house thing, I immediately felt my workload double when we moved here!

Hope your feeling good.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I have been thinking and praying for you each day. I also put you on the church prayer list:) Our sermon at church today was about praying our way through trials and I thought of you. We have comfort knowing HE will never leave us or forsake us! Hang in there! Many prayers, Gina

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I am looking forward to "meeting" her too! We will be praying for you!!