Friday, August 05, 2005

The Decision

After much thought, prayer, research, prayer, thought, research, prayer I FINALLY have decided which homeschool curriculum to go with for the year. For awhile it was between two, Bob Jones University Press (www.bjup.com) or Christian Liberty Press (www.christianlibertypress.com). I know my sister-in-law, Amie is going with Christian Liberty Press and I really like the beliefs and all that they teach (plus they are cheap), but my first instinct was Bob Jones so I stuck with it. However, with Bob Jones you only get Phonics, Math and Bible for Kindergarten so I did buy History and Science from Christian Liberty. I know a Kindergartener doesn't need History and Science, but I thought it would be fun to throw it in one or two days a week. I finally decided we'd start school August 29. The schools down here started yesterday, but there is no way I was starting this early! It is hard to know when to begin with G's birthday and my birthday at the end of the month. But finally, the decision is made and I feel a huge burden lifted. I am so excited to begin our homeschooling venture, or should I say adventure!

1 comment:

Amie said...

I have not set a date yet. I'm thinking we will wait until after Labor day.