Saturday, August 13, 2005

Garage Sales

Well I was finally able to have my garage sale today. I did considerably well. I didn't really advertise besides on some groups I'm in online and I put a few signs out by stop signs. I was worried I would get no business, but I did. It was a bit frustrating though, because after like 9:30 or 10 I rarely had any business. I sold alot (about $60 worth), but I still have LOTS left! I am thinking of trying ebay or something. One egroup I'm in is having a 'garage sale' this weekend so I'm trying to sell some things on there. As far as clothes and baby items like blankets I will probably try the ebay thing. I'm a bit nervous as I've not sold on ebay before, but I have certainly bought plenty:) I had alot of toys and kids books. Thankfully I was able to sell some of those. We'll just see what happens from here... At least I made a bit of money. I had things priced so cheap, otherwise I probably would've made more. Anyway, it was so hot while doing it. And, it seems some cute kitten tried to adopt us. As I moved the van this morning he darted out from under it and followed me all around. He ventured into the garage and backyard and when I would come in the house he would cry at the door. He really is a cute little thing but we all HATE cats (plus Zach's allergic to them). So, I had a bit of company in my downtime out there:)

While I'm on the subject of sales, I printed this coupon from the net for Bath & Body Works (buy 5 hand soaps for $10). I was wondering if it was legit and headed there last night. They had a sign that said buy 5 hand soaps for $15 but the coupon was valid! What a great deal! If you're interested let me know and I can email you the coupon. Expires 8/21.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Thanks for sending that coupon, its a great deal.

Choppzs said...

I always have terrible luck doing garage sales. I had one at the beginning of the year with my neighbors on base when we were still stationed in Hawaii, and I didn't make but like 25 bucks. I ended up donating everything to the base thrift shop or Big Brothers. I think I just don't have the knack or something!

Me said...

I loooove those soaps. I always get them when they're that good of a deal. Thanks for sending me the coupon!!!

I changed my blog addy. It's now wethyb.blogspot :)

Have a good week!