Friday, October 27, 2006

J was quite proud of dunking his apple (even though just a little bit of it was dunked).












Here he is enjoying his apple. He devoured that thing!



















H enjoyed licking off the caramel but was afraid to bite her apple for fear her loose teeth would fall out! At least she enjoyed the caramel!














Even G enjoyed the cut up apple parts I gave him. He enjoyed his so much his diaper afterwards really proved it. Ah, the joys of mothering!














Here is how we made our caramel apples:
Melt 1 1/2 tbsp. of butter. Add 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar and 6 tbsp. of water. Stir until smooth. Gently bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Pierce the center of the apple with a stick (I used cut up craft sticks since I didn't have popsicle sticks), swirl in the caramel until coated and place on greased cookie sheet to harden. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. I used about 8-10 apples, both red and green as I ran out of green.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw how cute are you all?! I've always wondered how carmel was made. :) How's you make your play-doh (sp)?

BTW-I loved the comment you left for me. Too funny!

Amie said...

Aaaallll your recent pictures are so cute! The caramel apples look so good. Isaac eats just like H. I still can't believe I didn't take pics! I didn't get any of Kylie's boys either.

myboys9802 said...

Okay where's mine!! LOL J/K

YUMMY!!!!

Domestic Adventuress said...

Those look delicious! Are caramel apples the same as the toffee apples we have in Australia?

I've never made them for my children, but I'm thinking it's a nice idea next winter!