Friday, July 07, 2006

Provision

God is SO good. This morning I decided to weed through some of the boys clothes (again). It is a constant thing. As I was going through all of their clothes I realized J has only 2 pairs of jeans! Now, we won't be needing jeans for months, but it is always nice to have them on hand when the weather eventually turns.

Tonight as I was returning home my neighbor pulled up and told me he has a bag of clothes for me that his son outgrew. I absolutely love hand-me-downs! I don't dress my children all fancy and frilly and spend tons of money, but I also don't dress them in rags. If I can find a good deal at a garage sale or thrift store, great! If it happens to be a brand name, cool!

It just amazes me how on the same day I thought I would have to buy J some jeans in the future that he receives 4 pairs!!! All in great shape! Plus a slew of other things: shorts, a ball cap, shirts and khakis. God is SO good!

People wonder how they can afford X amount of kids. People question us having 'so many'. How will we afford it? Let me tell you- God provides! I can't remember the last time I've spent money on clothes for my kids and paid full price. And they have some nice clothes! So- it can be done.

Matthew 6:25, 26 states "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
God is amazing!

3 comments:

DDanielle said...

I love hand-me-downs as well. It saves money and usually looks just fine. But what I really like is seeing my son wearing my nephews old clothes. I feel like they are bonded in some odd way. Maybe its the girl in me, but it just so cute.
OH by the way congrats on the future arrival! I keep forgetting to tell you that....how exciting!

Amie said...

Yes, I have become quite an expert on bargain shopping for kids clothes. Although, 2 pair of jean per boy would be good for us!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that was a sweet post. Thank you for reminding us of that.