Thursday, February 04, 2010

Melt my heart

Tonight I ran to a few stores and took Josiah with me. We passed a billboard with a baby on it. On the way home he was looking for that same billboard and I asked, "Do you want me to have another baby?" There was some hesitation and I asked again. He said, "Mmm, I want another brother." Then he said, "I want you to adopt but not have a baby." I was a bit surprised and asked, "Why?" "Because I don't want you to hurt having a baby." Ooohh talk about so sweet! I just wanted to pull over, stop the car and give him a big hug! I told him that it doesn't always hurt if you have medicine, but it probably fell of deaf ears. He's probably thinking about the pain I was in with kidney stones and then he also asked about the staples in my stomach after I had Abby so we had a discussion about all that the doctors probably saw when they cut me open!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

AAwww, how sweet is he!

Kim said...

That is sweet! So are you getting the "Baby Wants"?

Amie said...

I remember how interested the boys were in my staples after my c-section.

I am OK said...

Too cute. How sweet.