Wow, here I thought I'd updated on Saturday but I can see I have a lot of catching up to do!
- Friday night the three older kids stayed the night at my mom's house. Zach took me (and Sweet Pea) out on a date! We went to The Library, a nice restaurant in Houghton. We walked along the canal a bit, got ice cream and went to visit his friend's the T's (again). It was so quiet and nice. Thanks Mom for baby-sitting!
- Saturday Zach and his dad took the kids fishing so I hung out at my mom's. I must have been real tired because I pretty much slept the whole time. It was nice and relaxing though. I can't recall what we did once I went back to Larry's. A campfire maybe?
- Sunday Sweet Pea got dedicated at my mom's church. Even my Grandma came for the occasion! She never goes to "that" church! She can't hear at all, so that really stinks that she couldn't hear the Word of God being preached.
- Sunday for lunch I met with two friends from my past. Susanna moved away when we were in 9th grade. So I haven't seen her in 18 years!!! We'd grown up together and were good friends. We lost touch after she'd moved though, but thanks to facebook we reconnected. Jill is another friend I grew up with and I would have graduated with her had I not moved my junior year. We're also in touch via facebook. Turns out they were in the U.P. for a few days so we planned to meet. It was SO cool to see them both and to catch up! Susanna is married but has no children yet, Jill is single and I am trying to play matchmaker!
- After that we rushed back to Larry's because Jeremiah & Amie came up. We thought they were staying until Tuesday but they were only up for the day. The kids hit it off great, playing Wii and playing outside. The guys left for a "half an hour" that turned into 3 hours to go shoot their guns. Wouldn't have been so bad if Amie and I'd known what to do about dinner (we thought he was grilling the meat that was out). It was great visiting with Amie again though and seeing the kids together.
- Monday morning we drove to Zach's sister's in Iron River, which is where I'm at now. We'll be here until Friday and then I won't see my husband until the end of July or beginning of August. Rachel has 4 girls and all of our children get along great. It was cute seeing them all sleeping in a line on the floor last night! Last night Rachel and I cooked dinner together and that was fun. It's always such a blessing getting together with Zach's siblings.
- Sweet Pea sure gets around. She tries to crawl, but can only low crawl or scoot on her butt, but boy she can move across a room! She says 'Mama' and 'Hi' and waves. This morning she was trying to clap and sounded like she was trying to say 'Yeeeaaa'. She does say 'Dada' a bit too. She loves men for some reason. She took right to Aunty Rachel! She loves to eat whatever I'm eating and cries for food! This morning it sounded like she was saying 'Nanana' and I'm not sure if she wanted food or sleep. She also can pretty much 'sit' on her knees and has been almost trying to pull herself up! She wasn't doing nearly this much stuff when we left for vacation!
- I spent most of my day so far playing with Zach's iPod and loading songs on it for him. Since he got me one he's been wanting one so I told him to go ahead and buy one for Father's Day. They sure are nice to have.
- Oh yeah, I can't remember if I mentioned before about my cousin Emily coming back to Iowa with me when I leave but it looks like she's for sure coming! I'm really excited about it!