Monday, January 16, 2006

Snow Much Fun!

Did you know there is 'snow' in Mobile, AL? My friend told me there was a snow park there, so we coordinated a trip to take our families! Yesterday was the day. Now, if you look at the pictures online it looks like a neat little thing to do. Considering we have no snow down here, I thought the kiddos would enjoy it. I did keep wondering to myself, though, why I was PAYING to play in snow!!! Who would think, growing up in Michigan, that you would go to a special place to play in snow!?! Not I! Anyway, it turned out to be a joke. There were two 'slides' to tube down and one little place with 'snow'. The people said it is because the weather has been milder, that it is difficult to keep the snow! I guess I can understand in a way, but the pictures make it seem much better than what it was. The kids still did have fun, as you can see by the pictures, but us adults were rolling our eyes. It wasn't a total wasted trip into Mobile though, since our friends from Pensacola had met us and we got to visit with them and enjoy a scrumptious meal together!


Here is G on his only trip down the 'hill'. I'm not too sure what he thought of it. There was no smile, but there were no tears either!