Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sometimes Sharing is NOT Caring

I know I've posted things like this before, but it really just angers me....
Yesterday I was sitting here at the computer and my neighbor came over with her two kids, ages 2 years and 6 weeks. No big deal, I don't know her well and it was a nice surprise. I haven't had somebody 'just drop in' since I've lived on base! Well, after about 3 minutes of her being here I realized both she and her 2 year old had colds. She kept coughing and her daughter had the nastiest nose. What could I say? "Get out of my house, you are sick!" I just kept sitting there praying we wouldn't get sick! Then H invited her for dinner! Boy, I felt real unhospitable, but I was thinking about all the germs that were already lingering in my home! I'd like to have her over, just last night wasn't good. So I made up some excuse about not sure what we're eating, and it being last minute. When she finally left I went around the house with the Clorox wipes and with my Sol-u-Guard and sprayed everything!!! This morning J's been coughing a bit, but I'm not sure if he could catch a cold that fast! Just praying we all stay healthy here...And wondering WHY people make an appearance when they are not in the best of health!
***UPDATE: Well, it must have been my imagination on J's coughing this morning, because all has been fine so far. I guess I'm just a big germ freak!

5 comments:

Amie said...

We're not quite so vigilant about germs. My friends and I are pretty relaxed about that, otherwise we wouldn't see each other all winter! Anyways, hope you guys all stay healthy.

Me said...

I guess I'm not too bad about that either...of course unless they have the flu or something really terrible. I figure hubby and I are around people all day long, so we're going to drag home crap no matter what. A cold's a cold, they'll live :) But I hope you all stay healthy!

Randi said...

My hubby and I are pretty particular about trying to keep our family healthy--we have five kids so a cold can take weeks to get through all of us, not to mention the cost of medicine and doctor visits. Don't feel bad about trying to keep the kiddos healthy!

Choppzs said...

I am a germ freak too, but I don't have a big problem with colds. Olivia is bringing stuff home constantly and I figure just going grocery shopping and stuff you can catch something. Now if it's the flu, or bronchitis or something like that, you better stay away from me and my house!! lol I can deal with the runny noses and sneezing, but not the puking and diahrea!! lol But I am also like you to where I will go and lysol the toys and doorknobs!! lol I am a freak!

Bethany said...

lol. Glad your little boy is feeling okay!

Once, when I was a little girl we lived in some apartments for a little while. The neighbor would always send her little girl "to play" (*cough* for my mom to babysit*cough*) with me.She once sent her over all covered in red dots to "play"!

The little girl had the measels! My mom was furious and marched the chick back to her apartment and had a few words with the mother!