Sunday, January 22, 2006

Proverbs from the Mouths of Babes

Has anybody ever kept a journal of their children's sayings? I have been thinking lately alot about the things my dear children say. Some of the following can be heard at times:
"Mommy, when I get big I'm going to paint my living room orange."
"I'm a scherba."
"I want 4 girls and 1 boy. If I don't I will cry and pray to Jesus."

Not to mention all of the questions they ask:

"What does humble mean?"
"Did God made everything?"
"Mommy, can I marry you?"
So, I've been thinking how it would be neat to write down some of the things they say throughout the day. That way I can look back and laugh (especially at those times they're driving me bonkers), and it will be a great thing for them to read when they're older. Has anybody done anything like this or heard of anything like this? Not sure how good I will be at doing it...running to the notebook every time something cute comes out of their mouth, but it is worth a shot!

5 comments:

Amie said...

Its a good idea. I know sometimes I think I will never forget some of the things they say, but recently when I read thru some of my blog archives I was surprised at how many things I had already forgot.

I love the 4 girls and a boy. LOL Its funny how kids think things can just turn out a certain. I was talking a girl once and she told me the names of her furture kids. Of course it was 2 girl names and 2 boy names.

Bethany said...

I actually have a category on my blog dedicated to just this thing. I call it "Out of the Mouths of Babes". I do not do it often enough though....

they do say some terribly funny things when they are small.

Risa a.k.a. MomNoBlackHair said...

My mom is always telling me that I should write those kinds of things down. That's kinda why I started my blog...though I don't run to the computer and put it down everytime one of them say something cute or funny either...I guess even if you get a few though, it would be worth it! :)

Kim said...

I write all the crazy things my daughter says, in a journal. Two minutes ago she told me I don't appreciater her enough. LOL! I have the journal at my bedside and write in it before bed. The entire 1st year of both my daughters life I had journaled. With how tiring the first year is I know I would never remember what life was like. It was one of the best things I could have done, I did forget a lot! Now I use the same journal for the sayings. My plan is to give each journal to the girls when they decide they are going to have children.

Karla Marie said...

That is a cool idea! Blogging FOR your children...and some comic relief. Like the running journal...that reflects the things that get fogged over by time.
Thank you for the idea.