Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Movies, Baking, Weather, Blah

Last night Zach and J went to see the new Rocky movie so I put in a new Christmas movie for H, G and I. It was a bargain movie from CBD called 'The Littlest Angel'. If you ever want to buy a bargain movie from them, think about it...our VCR doesn't have tracking for some reason so all throughout the screen kept on hopping. It was an alright movie- had a good storyline but was more musical than what I'm used to watching! We also bought 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and this one turned out fine- the kids love this movie! Maybe its because the angel movie is an old one.

I have yet to start baking again, but seeing as we have a Christmas party again tomorrow night I will have to bake at some point today or tomorrow. One thing I plan to make is fudge. This recipe I have is so delicious! My friend's husband has requested some, so once it is made I will be making a trip to give him some! Will post the recipe sometime today!

What ever happened to 'It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas'. My daughter knows that today is the first day of winter (she has been waiting for this day) and she wants to play in snow! However, being down in the south, snow is rare- especially the type of snow I am used to! So, I told her maybe one day we will move where we get LOTS of snow- after all on Zach's dream sheet we have places such as- Illinois, Nebraska, Montana, Alaska, Idaho. So, we're bound to get snow some year! We just gotta move! Today it is raining. At least it is dreary like the UP today and not hot and sunny like earlier in the week! Sometimes it just doesn't seem like Christmas with no snow. Bah humbug!

The flu bug may have entered our home but it is hard to know. I'm sure my ill feelings are related to this pregnancy, but my dear girl has a little cough and is real tired today. I sure hope Mr. Flu bug decides to stay away so we can enjoy a nice, quiet Christmas as a family. We may even venture to Destin, FL for a few days. The kids love to stay in hotels and it will give us a chance to get away from home and see Destin (even though its not warm enough to swim, I know it will be a blast). From pictures I've seen it looks absolutely beautiful. But, it doesn't compare to snow at Christmas...

6 comments:

Amie said...

I'm about to make fudge to, I just came online to get my recipe.

Sammy and Jonah have colds. We were doing SO good this year, mostly because the boys haven't been in children's church for awhile. Sammy went last Sunday though, and two days later a runny nose!

I think Destin is near where Kylie lives, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pics you emailed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll come back and read some of your archives when I get a chance!

Risa said...

I made fudge today! :) You will have to give me your recipe though, I made the Fantacy Fudge on the back of the Marshmallow Cream jar and I wasn't thrilled about it...

Take your trip and have a great time! :)

Me said...

Yummy! I don't bake at Christmas...maybe someday :)

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas. We have it too!

As for the snow...yah....all we have is rain today! What the hay??? Maybe we'll get something last minute, but then it can go bye-bye :)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

We don't have any snow here in Illinois! It's been 40's and 50's. VERY unusual, but we are all happy. I can't believe Illinois is on your wish list of places to live.... weird.... It's on my wish list of places NOT to live. ;-)