Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hump Day

I can't believe it is already Wednesday! Where has the week gone? I am getting very behind on my blogging lately but I've been really tired and nauseous. I am not complaining. I prayed to be sick. I felt sick all morning until I ate lunch. I still don't feel 100% great but I feel better. But, I am thankful for the nauseousness because I am thankful to be pregnant. Two nights ago I dreamt the doctor from my last pregnancy told me there was two sacs- twins. Last night I had a dream that I had a boy. I really don't trust my intuition anymore since I was completely off thinking G was a girl!


I went to my 'intake' appointment yesterday to fill out all of the paperwork. It took over an hour and I was seen right away. At first I was thinking how I wanted to just get home, but once I thought about it more I was thankful that they didn't just shoo me out but took time with me. The base clinic has a midwife and that is who I requested to see. When I've told my family that they assumed I meant a home birth, but that is not the case. The base hospital is getting a new OB unit to open next month. I am excited about that. They schedule you for 40 minute appointments! That seems like such a long time, but at least they take time with you instead of rushing through your appointments. I'm so excited to see how it all goes!





The other night Zach found in the garage. It is a black widow. Pretty freaky! I'm thankful it wasn't in the actual house but now I'm a bit nervous!



What do I do in this situation? My neighbor, bless her heart, wants to get my family a year membership for a local 'children's museum' which is over $100. I told her she does not have to do that. I know it is a season of giving and some people can give more than others. I am unable to give gifts to friends (besides maybe cookies or other goodies) as we just cannot afford it when we have family and it is hard enough shopping for them. I just am at a loss as what to do. I think it is very sweet of her, but there's no way I can reciprocate such a gift of that kind. Just wanted to know your thoughts.


Speaking of shopping this year seems extremely difficult in that department. I finally figured out what to get my children, but I'm at a loss for things for Zach & our parents. I've been meaning to take a family picture of us and haven't done that. I feel so behind on things. But, I don't think I'm the only one as I've not gotten nearly as many Christmas cards as usual at this point. But, if you get your letter from us late just don't be surprised.


At nap time I put a sign over my doorbell that reads, "Children are napping. Please do not disturb. Thanks." This really helps with people ringing the doorbell at nap time- be it neighbors, the mailman, etc. It just saved me from the Jehovah Witnesses knocking at my door too!


That's all for now folks! Hopefully it won't be so long until my next post...and hopefully I'll be able to catch up on yours soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie. I know how you feel when it comes to the shopping and money and stuff. We too have received "gifts" from friends that we know we are not going to be able to reciprocate. All they say is "pay if forward." Some people are blessed with the gift of giving and the means to do it. I think we are hindering them from using their gift from God when we don't accept things. I know it's hard, but we need to let them do it. I feel the same as you.

I am in the same boat when it comes to gifts for Todd and our parents. The girls are done and nobody else is:-(

Hope you get some more done soon.

Shari

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

I'm Amie's cousin and read your blog pretty regularly, but I'm not sure if I've commented before or not. So, hi! I just wanted to say that I don't think gifts really ever need to be reciprocated. And I totally agree with Shari on the pay it forward idea. Sometime in the future when you are able to give a gift like to a young family, I'm sure you will.

Jodie said...

That is freaky stuff about the spider. Yikes.

If I were you I would accept the membership with a heartfelt thank you and a plate of cookies. :) People give because they want to and it makes them feel good. Obviously she feels your family is deserving (and so do I) so just accept it. :)

Hope you start feeling better. When are you out of the 1st trimester?

Jamie said...

Thanks for leaving a message Sandy! It's nice to know who is stopping by! Yes, Jodie, it is weird to think we're grown up and not in those programs together anymore...where did the time go? And thanks ya'll for the words of wisdom regarding the gift. I know they mean it out of sincerity and nothing else so we'll gladly accept it;)