Wednesday, December 21, 2005

An Unexpected Visitor

My baby is 16 months old.
It has been 2 years and 1 month since I've seen this visitor.
I've often wondered and waited, and now she is here.
'Aunt Flo' has returned.
Happy early Merry Christmas to me!
I am a bit relieved and apprehensive at the same time; both happy and sad.
So far she is behaving herself and doesn't have me writhing in pain. Maybe finally after my 3rd baby she will be nice to me!
Not like you all needed to know, but it is a pretty big event for me:)
Never have I gone 2 years with not seeing this visitor!

6 comments:

Choppzs said...

Holy Crap!! I still got my "visitor" even though I WAS breastfeeding!! lol It's not fair!! lol everyone I know that nurses doesn't get their "visitor", but lucky me, she never leaves my side. Congrats anyways on getting her, a big sigh of relief is good!! But to bad it's right before Christmas!! sucky timing!

Jamie said...

Well, I still am breastfeeing ALOT! Yeah, figures she'd come right for Christmas! Oh well...what can ya do?

Amie said...

Hopefully she won't make but a few visits ;)

Bethany said...

Hope all turns out well for you!

Anne said...

Wow- that's a long time to not have one! :)

razorbackmama said...

You have my condolences! LOL! Although I guess she had to show back up sometime, huh? My youngest is 15 months, and still no sign of Auntie. I went a whopping 18 months after #4 was born - I couldn't believe it! I think she only arrived then because I went out of town for a few days and pumped instead of nursed. I pumped like 15 oz. per day, and that was simply for comfort - there was lots of milk still in there. I'm thinking, GOODNESS! The kid is 18 months old and still is nursing THIS MUCH MILK???? It's no wonder Auntie didn't show up before then LOL!

After my 3rd baby, she showed up at 9.5 months, while I was in the middle of moving across the country. Ogden, Utah, will always have a not-so-fond place in my memory. All my "supplies" were on the moving van, who knows where, so I had to go buy some at a gas station. How so not cool.