Friday, March 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Daughter!

Has it really been 6 years since I birthed my first baby? It seems like just yesterday. The memories are forever etched on my mind as if I am again living them out. Isn't it cool that God gives us those memories of our first moments with our children? And it seems the pain diminishes and we don't quite remember that, which is a good thing also. I can't believe that my baby is 6 years old. The first time I held her she smiled at me. I wasn't able to hold her right away because I had a c-section, but once I got up to my room and daddy brought her to me, I placed her gently into my arms and she gave me a little smile. What a blessing! Now, 6 years later she is reading, adding, subtracting, cutting, pasting and doing all the other things you do in kindergarten. But it is more than the age or the things she does while we do school. H is the most helpful little girl. She has such a spirit of helpfulness. Sure she sometimes grumbles when asked to help yet again, but don't we all!? Just tonight she put away her clothes without me asking her to. She is great at helping out with her brothers, although she also likes to boss them around. She has such a caring nature and is so lovable and cuddly. Sometimes I think we don't love on her enough. She has such an interest in Jesus and things of God, always asking some question that blows my mind. I don't remember having such an interest in God at that age, but I wasn't brought up in a Christian home at that time of my life either. She has such a spirit of gentleness about her. She loves, loves, loves babies. She is always trying to sing a tune, whether something she's heard in church or something she's making up. She just seems to have such joy about her. Her middle name isn't Joy for nothing, after all. She is truly a blessing unto us and I am so thankful the Lord has blessed us by giving her into our family. Without my dear daughter life would not have been the same these past 6 years. Happy, happy birthday my sweet girl.

4 comments:

Choppzs said...

Happy Birthday H!!!! Isn't it crazy how the time flies? Olivia will be 9 in Sept. 9???? Gosh, it's weird!

Amie said...

Happy Birthday! :D

Me said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! Oh to be 6 again :)

myboys9802 said...

Happy Birthday Honey!!