Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas-y books

I've been reading Christmas-y books lately. It all started because we were going to read 'The Christmas Train' for our book club. If you want to read it, you can find a link to it under my reading list. It was a good book. It took me awhile to get into it but it sure had an unexpected twist that kept my attention!

I've also been reading Donna VanLiere's books, albeit out of order. I guess I didn't know there was an order when I picked up the first one. And a tearjerker it was. I had to finish the other one this morning before I began school. Another tearjerker, although it seemed familiar so I'm not sure if I read it a long time ago. And it didn't get me as much as the first one. Now I have another I'm about to dig into and then hopefully I'll get The Christmas Shoes one. We have that movie but haven't even watched it yet and I'd really like to read the book before watching the movie. I also have Karen Kingsbury's collection of Christmas books on my shelf. And a few other non-Christmas-y books. Not to mention a list of books people keep recommending to me. I need to make a list! Seems I won't be searching for something to read for quite awhile!

On another note I had to redecorate our tree today. First, it looked dumb to me and was bare in spots. Second, about 1/3 of our lights would sometimes not work. So last night when I was out I bought a strand. Well, they were too bright compared to the other lights on the tree on there wasn't enough of them. Then when I went to plug them in again half of the strand didn't work! SO, I packed up the kids and headed to Wally World! Bought four boxes of lights, just in case. Good thing too, because not all of those ones work! I was so irritated! Anyway, I got all the lights on and they're much brighter than our other ones were. I was able to fix the branches (I had Zach and the kids do the branches this year but I can see I need to stick to that task), and spread the ornaments out a bit more (again). We'll see how long before they're all clustered into one area!

2 comments:

I am OK said...

I love Christmas books, especially lost loves found on the big day. I know - so cliche. But they always make me smile.

Sherry said...

I'm laughing at your Christmas tree comments ~ you should see our tree ~ it's TERRIBLE, LOL. I thought I would save Paul the trouble of being out in the cold (he gets cold really quick now) so the girls and I went and picked out a tree......it looked good at the time, lol. Once we got it in the house and it thawed out and the branched fell......it did not look good at all, lol. It's too fat and the branches are all twisted and wierd. Paul thinks it's funny and the girls love it so I'm just letting it be. I let the girls decorate it any way they wanted and I am not going to worry about it, lol. I don't think all the re-arranging in the world would make that tree look pretty! Next year I will not be picking out our tree.
Sherry