Saturday, December 05, 2009

time to find a new one for sure

Remember my babysitter incident this past summer? Well, if not I guess that's better for you, but I remember it clear as day. Anyway, Zach and I were supposed to go out last night for a surprise birthday party for our neighbor. Called the sitter Thursday and she said she could watch the kids. Great. Got ready, was looking forward to going out for just a bit, and even better it was right down the road! When I went to get the sitter NOBODY WAS HOME!!! I was like, "What the heck!?!?!?" I was so mad! I didn't take my phone because I thought, "I'm going right down the road to get the sitter, I won't need my phone", not like it would have done any good anyway if nobody is home. The cell number I have for her doesn't work.

So, Zach began to play Wii with the kids and I waited to see if I would her from sitter, meanwhile leaving a message on their voicemail. Then I hopped onto facebook, saw my friend was on and asked what her daughter was up to. Turned out she could babysit! I did have to drive halfway across town but oh well. And by this point we'd missed the "Surprise" of the party, but oh well, I still wanted to go out for awhile!

As soon as Haley walked in Abby smiled at her, walked over to her and reached for her. Then she hugged her! WOW! Haley has only babysat ONE TIME! That sure encouraged me though, that Abby liked her so much. I almost feel like Haley's a better sitter anyway. She plays with the kids and spends time with them, whereas the other doesn't as much, it seems.

Anyway, we did make it to the party for awhile. It was nice to get out for awhile, hang out with our neighbors that we don't see too often. But, I'm on the lookout for new sitters. I need a sitter twice this coming week so let's hope I'm successful!

Oh yeah, when I had just gotten to the restaurant, my phone rang (a number I didn't know). It was the *sitter* apologizing and saying she was on her way to my house. I told her I already found another sitter and didn't need her. She may have a good explanation, I didn't' find out, but I've already given her a second chance. I'm done! I need somebody more reliable!

3 comments:

I am OK said...

Hope you find a good sitter soon. I so miss Lauren and her sisters!

Kim said...

Oh geez I bet you were furious. How rude not to call you or anything till its too late. Glad you were able to find someone and able to still go out.

Anonymous said...

I would have been so done with that too!
Gina