Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I just have to post on something. Yesterday Zach was saying how he needed to go to Walmart to buy me a gift and was asking what I want. Hannah suggested flowers and a card. Why is that so cliche to me? Sure, flowers and cards are nice, but that's what every man gets his wife (or so it seems). I'm thankful for what I get, truly I am, but sometimes I just wish men would put more thought into what their wives would really want, something specific that their wife would like, know what I mean? By the way, I got a handmade card and picture from Hannah, a feather from Gabe and a picture and candy from Josiah! I love them! Zach sent me an e-card which brought tears to my eyes (but it doesn't take much these days). Anyway, I told Zach not to 'waste' our money on cards, flowers and things like that. Honestly, how hard can it be for men to figure out what their wife wants? Finally I told him a manicure or pedicure would be nice, or a massage.

Please know I'm NOT trying to complain- I'm thankful for every flower I get and every funny and meaningful card given. It's just that sometimes I think us women would like more thought and work put into it all than just a trip to Walmart. I really, really hope this makes sense and if Zach reads this I hope he knows I mean no ill will toward him or anything, just stating some thoughts!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I know what you mean. If you were dating flowers and cards are good gifts but when your married your just like dont waste our money on something thats nots gonna last. I had a wonderful mothers day I'll have to post about it all tomorrow on my blog, Im too exhausted tonight

DDanielle said...

I understand. Although I like flowers and cards too, just a bit of forethought is nice. Not just a random trip to the store. Just plan it out a bit that's all.
Goodness you have to do so much planning everyday (meals, grocery shopping, homeschooling...etc), so just one day of someone else doing the planning is nice.

I am OK said...

I don't want to know where they came from, how much they cost, or how you had to speed to the store before they closed to squeaze in time to buy be something. Here, Here.

Been there plenty. Love my husband and all his thoughtful gestures, but really - I don't want it if I have to ask for it. Funny thing - I am a grown up, if I need it I can go buy it myself.

But, I really appreciate when I get home from something and there are flowers on the table or a card with more than Love Scott or Joe in a card.

DDanielle said...

I am OK: exactly, you don't want to have to ask for it.
It's seems like guys never quite get that lol.