Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crabby Pants

So, the kids had fun in the tent last night. They'll sleep in it again tonight. They're already out there playing. I don't see how since it must be hotter than blazes in there. Last weekend when we were on our date we went to Home Depot. I showed Zach some fire pits. Today we bought one. It's just a small, cheaper one. Then as I'm reading our local news station online I see that they may be illegal in our town. Great. So let's hope nobody will call the fire department on us tonight! That's all I need. I'm already feeling really crabby right now. Probably a lack of sleep. I couldn't sleep at all last night and then I heard Zach & the kids come in at 6:30 this morning. He then came up at 7:30 asking if I was going to sleep all day. No, but it would've been nice to sleep after 8! Sigh. So I think my lack of zzzz's is catching up with me. Abby is super clingy still and I'm just done. I keep thinking I only have 10 days left until Zach leaves. I really need to try to get some 'breaks' away in there, but I don't see that happening. Even some sleep would be nice!

4 comments:

Our4Monkeys said...

Let me know when you want to go out...we can go out for supper and shopping before Zach leaves! =) Also, I hope to get up there this week sometime to bring up tables and stuff for the sale!

Kim said...

We have one of those fire pits too and we use ours all the time. The kids love roasting marshmallows over it. Jess and the boys slept out the other night too and it was so cold out. I was surprised they stayed out there all night.

Amie said...

Fire pits illegal? Even when there are burning bans here, we can still have recreational fires. Maybe it's the same there?

DDanielle said...

Some cities around our old house have banned them. But that was when we lived near the airport (because supposedly that interfered with the planes?)
However, there was a home near our old house that burned because they did not fully put out the fire and an ember started a fire on the deck....which yes they had the fire pit ON a WOOD deck!
So it just depends on where you live and the ratio of idiots to normal people you may have lol.