Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Mother's Prayer

A MOTHER'S PRAYER
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,

With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called me to be a mom--
Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with wooden blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose,
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs,
A stack of last week's mail to read--
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace,
I see then, in my small one's face,
That you have blessed me all the while --
And I stoop to kiss that precious smile.
Author unknown

I am certainly a blessed woman! Three beautiful children that the Lord has blessed me with. I wouldn't be able to celebrate Mother's Day if it weren't for these blessings. I don't always see them as blessings. There are moments when I want to scream, cry and just hide in my room. But, God has given me this job title- Mother. I pray that I can be the best, Godliest, most selfless mother that I can be. I don't want to be mediocre. I don't want to just get by day-to-day. I want to instill in my children love- for the Lord, His Word, our family. I want them to know how much I love them, not by the number of toys they have but by the way I spend time with them, teach them, love and nurture them. Thank you, Jesus, for these blessings of mine!

1 comment:

Choppzs said...

Beautiful poem!!!

I certainly feel blessed too!! When I feel like I could just pull out my hair, I try to think of how lucky I am to have these little ones in my life, and how they truly are little miracles!!

Happy Mothers Day!! (a day late!! lol)