Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Random Thoughts

*G just cracks me up lately. He will say, "No, Mommy" or "Stop Sissy". His famous words are "Oh man". I have no idea where he picked that up from. I guess either Zach or I say that! It is so fun to hear his vocabulary increase.

**On another G note, yesterday was his well-child appointment. I saw a different doctor than last week, who questioned why I haven't immunized yet (and she must have looked on the computer to see that the other 2 have been immunized before coming to see us) and why I haven't taken him to the doctors. Well, he is a healthy little guy, and I see no need for the interference of doctors all the time. Let me tell you, H was at the doctor at every chance for those well-baby appointments. But, I have changed my mind/views on some things in 6 years. The more the doctors stay out of our lives the better. Of course, there are times when you need a doctor, and I would never deny my child medical care if he/she needed it. She also looked at his growth (at 9 months he was in the 50% percentile and now he's in the 10th percentile). Hmmm.....let me see.....the boy does NOT sit still! He wasn't walking at 9 months old. He eats more than his sister and brother. I remember when H was a baby the WIC people getting on my case about her. My mom said it was the same with me- that I didn't meet the 'standard' and they were all concerned. Geesh, its not like I'm starving my children over here! And he is the healthiest little guy out of them all!

***Today J got his pictures taken at Wal-Mart. My boy is growing up. He has always been afraid to sit on those tables and it usually is a chore to get him to cooperate. Today I was actually impressed and accepted the first picture!!!! That has NEVER happened with ANY of my children! I was so proud of him. Of course, he was smiling the biggest, goofiest smiles with his eyes all squinted, even when the camera was shooting his picture. But, we did manage to get some pictures without the squinting!

****Today H will graduate from kindergarten. I have been trying to get her done with school for the last week, but we have been incredibly busy with other things. Today she reads her last book and is done! Both her and I are excited about this! I think we both need a break! I will continue to do some things with her this summer, here and there, for review, but otherwise, it is summer vacation!

*****My body has been so wacked out lately. I had my 'friend' visit for well over a week at the beginning of the month, and it has started up again! Here I was hoping to get pregnant this month, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen! I'm not sure if it is because of nursing G so long and then weaning or what. I have never had irregular cycles. But I don't really want to go to the doctor. They'll probably try to tell me I need to go on birth control pills to regulate them and I will NOT do that! But, I found the BEST vitamins for women! I tell ya, I started taking them not even a week ago and already I feel a difference! What are they called? SuperMom vitamins! You can also go here to read reviews and order them. I am not sure if you pay shipping at Beeyoutiful, but at New Little Blessing you don't. I haven't been tired, even after all of the yard work I've been doing. I just feel energy and I feel good.

No comments: