Sunday, September 24, 2006

Where to Begin?

This is about my tenth attempt at this post. I could not get pictures to show up on here for a whole day. I am not sure what is/was going on but I am so annoyed. Anyway, here is my long post about my week...Let's just hope it turns out!

I took J to the doctor Monday morning. Later that day H began to get pinkeye. We got the tiniest bottle of drops that was supposed to last 5 days. It lasted about 3 as I used it on H too. Wednesday both of their eyes were fine, but now H has got it again so we had to go back to the doctor yesterday and get more drops. Now it has also gone into her other eye. I pray it will ease up and leave our home soon, this pinkeye monster. Zach, G and I never did get it (and I'm praying that continues). Go figure that the unimmunized child is the healthiest one right now. The rest of us are or have suffered from allergies or sinus trouble- coughing, sneezing, sore throat. I sound so hoarse.

This week was an awful week for Zach at work. Awful doesn't even come close to how bad it was. It is so bad that I couldn't even sleep well this week. Of course his work does affect me anyway, but this time it is a whole different level. Now he is seriously considering getting out of the military (still has about 2 years before that can happen). The thought scares the daylights out of me. Although I am tired of all of the military crap and rank that goes on, I feel comfort and stability in being a military family. But, is it worth all the junk he goes through? So please remember to pray for him. He is trying so hard to get out of the current job and into a different area here. It hasn't been good here from day 1, but this has been pretty much the last straw.

Even though he had such a horrible week, he was sweet enough to think of me. He told me last weekend that he had a surprise for me and this time I didn't guess it! Here is what he had made for me:

  • Sorry for the glare on it. But it says, "Presented to (my name)...Teacher of the Year...2005-2006". He got it for me because he said I do such a great job teaching H and because I taught her to read. It was so thoughtful of him. He also took me out to dinner! What a great principle of our school he is!

We had a few days that weren't quite as humid and so we had a chance to play outdoors. While out we had some great hands-on science! I played in the garden and then H found a toad that she caught in her net. It was fun watching it and seeing it play dead! Then when the kids went for a walk with daddy they found a huge turtle, so of course they took it home to show mommy. They sure enjoyed getting those visits with God's creatures!

H had her first piano lesson this week. My friend Canaan is her teacher and giving us a great deal! H seemed a bit shy, even though she knows Canaan but I think she'll enjoy it! I am excited to get her into piano again!

I was saying how we had the chance to play outside. The boys sure had a fun time riding their bikes!

The boys have also really been playing well together, especially guns. This site here just always amuses me:

  • G loves to stick his gun (a tiny water gun) in the back of his shorts, and sometimes it ends up in his diaper! J had fun outside shooting the bad guys with his gun!

I made our first lapbook this week. This week J learned about his five senses so we made a book on that. H and I are in the process of making one on the four seasons. It was rather fun, but I am not very creative or artistic. J sure loves the book though- which is the main goal!

We bought a cage for the mutt. One day out of the blue he just started peeing on the carpet! Boy, was I ticked. And not just a trickle. Then that night he puked on the carpet. He seems to puke every night. Zach thinks its because he is so hungry. How can a dog be that hungry? We feed him twice a day plus he gets some snacks once in awhile. Sometimes when he pukes its just spit, but this was not spit. And it left a mark. So I spent yesterday morning shampooing my carpets. The mark is still there. Dang mutt. Every day I say how much I hate that dog. We were using baby gates to lock him up by the back door but he would always manage to escape no matter what we did. Finally we got a cage and there is no escaping now! However, the boys really seem to like the cage more than the dog:

I managed to get my hair cut this week. I think I like it. She was able to pretty much fix the mess from my last one! It is short, but at least I can wear it down now and not always have it up.

We took the kids to see the movie 'Everyone's Hero'. Very cute.

Ok, now that I wrote a book I am praying this thing actually posts. Every time I try to copy it it doesn't even work! Go figure! If you read this far- thanks. More power to ya!

10 comments:

Amie said...

How sweet of Zach to give you that!

We did almost the exact same thing with the five senses this past week! We went thru magazines and made a collage for each one. We also did the seasons last week too!

We crate trained MJ for the night, and it works great!

Jamie said...

Amie, we must be on the same unit in science! That's so funny that you guys did similiar things! The dog is trained- he's really only had that one accident but I am so tired of him puking on my carpets!

DDanielle said...

I have had so many problems with blogger. It lost a bunch of our pictures. Those are cute pictures you have too!
Crate training is great for dogs. I would suggest asking a vet about the puke....but they would probably just want to see him run some tests and declare he is fine, so I won't suggest it:-) Just make sure he isn't getting into anything (or eating grass that sometimes does it). Otherwise he is a puppy so they do weird things.
Isn't it weird how husbands’ jobs do affect us? Well I guess not weird, it makes sense but my job does not affect our family life as much (the 40 hour paid thing not the mother thing….that obviously affects us:-). However when there are problems with his job (even minor details like when he has an issue with someone) it does affect the whole family. When I was laid off a few years ago, we didn't get very upset. However when he was laid off (while I was pregnant)....yeah we were both a little worried. Even now if I were laid off, I would take it as a blessing (well until we try to get another mortgage on another house yikes!)
I know it’s really hard for military people everywhere. Chad's cousin is a recruiter and in total he sees his family less than when he was deployed.....although he is happier being stateside of course. I am thankful for all you military wives and children for making the sacrifices though. We need our soldiers, but we need their families just as much if not more. I will keep you and Zach in my prayers!

Christine said...

I love the lapbook that you made! How sweet that your husband gave you such a well-deserved reward.You definitely put your whole heart into all that you do. Blessings!

Anne said...

Oh, I am so with you on the military thing!!! I'm sure we could spend hours sharing stories. My DH was a missileer for 3 1/2 years, and I can't even begin to tell you what he's been confronted with. Perhaps you know some of the cheating and corruption that goes on. *sigh* And just because my DH is an officer doesn't mean that we don't deal with the some of the rank-junk. Though it seems to have gotten a little better now that he's been a Captain for a while. I've realized that when you have any kind of hierarchal structure that there's going to be endemic problems.

So, I hope that you two can figure out what you're supposed to do! If I had a dime for every time we've thought about getting out.... :)

It's stressful on the whole family when DH's are having trouble with work. I pray that God with give you two extra patience, peace, wisdom and direction.

P.S. That's so thoughtful of you DH! You are very blessed to have a wonderful husband! :)

Jodie said...

I was just going to ask you how the dog was doing. That’s a bummer that he’s been barging everyday. That’s not normal. I would take him to the vet if I were you. Macey was puking everyday too (not hairballs – it was liquid) so I brought her in and it turned out she had a under active thyroid. I guess under active thyroids can cause extreme hunger and vomiting in animals. If I were you I’d bring him in. A trip to the vet is worth your sanity. After taking care of kids all day long, having to deal with pet messes is the straw that breaks the camels back.

I hope things start getting better for you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

Just a hint that might work on your dog puke carpet stain.....Oxy Clean is phenomenal for stains...clothes, carpets, furniture etc etc etc. You can get it pretty much anywhere...it's worth a shot! I hope things look up for you soon!

ChicoryChick said...

Sorry you had such a rough week! :( What a sweet and thoughtful gift your husband bought you! :)

Here is a discussion about dogs that I thought you might be interested in reading, it might help with your dog problem.

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1927.0.html

HTH

Kay

Risa said...

What a great principal! ;) Looks like you guys are having fun!

Choppzs said...

Great pics!

I know how you feel about being scared to get out of the military! I love the Marine Corps. I was scared out of my mind to get out. I felt so much comfort and I knew there was always another "wife" that knew what I was going through. It's a great big family. But, we did get out and managed nicely. It is scary, but sometimes it's well worth it. I still miss it, but Hubs is truly enjoying being a civilian. I think if it came down to it, he would go back in, because he loves his Corps, but he's enjoying not PTing every morning! lol

I also love the present Zach got you. That's so sweet of him to think of you!

Oh and the dog thing...I can't tell you how much puke I clean up. I don't know what's wrong with my dogs either but they puke constantly. I can't get mad, at least they don't do it on purpose, like they would with pottying on the floor. I use a cleaner called "Kids and Pets" I got from the grocery store. It works great. As soon as I see the stain I soak it, let it sit for about 30 mins, then take my mini carpet cleaner and clean it up. It takes it right out. Also there's a remover you can buy at PetSmart or Petco whichever called Miracle Pet. That stuff works great too! I think with the peeing thing, he may be regressing if he's not getting enough attention. Pookey did that after Girly was born, and Poppy did it after Crazy Boy was born. Sometimes it's just their cry for attention. Although it makes us clean freaks cry more!! lol