Friday, September 29, 2006

Homeschool Co-op

Tuesday was our first day at the homeschool co-op we joined. It lasts from 10:45 to 4:05. Makes for a LONG day. G was in the 'nursery' section all day and I missed him terribly. But, my friend Robin teaches that age so I knew he was in good hands. Her little boy is in there too and I know G had a great time! I am helping in all of J's classes, only because the boy can't part from me! Although he did amazingly well when I would leave the room for this or that, so maybe I could get away with helping in some of H's classes? By the end of the day working with 4 & 5 year olds all day got to grate on my nerves. My friend Canaan is also in there all day with her children and we were at our wits end! But, J learned some sign language, Spanish and etiquette. He also has an All About Me/Math class, Music/ABCs and PE. PE consisted of playing on the playground while the older kids played soccer and Canaan and I were 'baby-sitting' the kids on the playground. Not what we thought it would be, but the kids had fun. Her son was Noah on the boat and J was God! H seemed like she had a blast! She had Home Ec where she is learning to crochet! She also had speech, sign language, Spanish, PE and Science. She saw one of her friends there who is also in all of those classes plus she met another little girl. All of us were exhausted when the day was over, but it is wonderful to get together with other homeschoolers and have my children learn other things from other people! It is 8 weeks long one day a week. I'm not sure we'll do it again next semester but maybe next year we will!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kids will keep busy for one day. Not like they are little busy bodies at home! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I just read Jodie's blog. You think you are leaving me with three kids while you and Zach have a date? Are you crazy and who is on vacation after all! :) I enjoy reading her blogs and seeing pics of them.

Anonymous said...

My 4 yo has seperation anxiety, also. I wanted to leave him at his cousin's house, who we visit ALL the time, and he was happy to go, but when it came time for me to leave, he clung to my leg for dear life. And every night, he goes to bed crying because he wants to sleep with me. *sigh*

Amie said...

Our co-op starts next week, although me might not be able to go until next semester because of Jeremiah's schedule (and one vehicle).

That is a long day! It sounds like they pack in a lot of cool things though.

Choppzs said...

Sounds like a rough, yet productive day! Hope things get a little smoother for you! Oh and I also had another question for you. I have a friend who just lost her baby. She was 12 wks. I was wondering if you knew of any good support groups, online or off, that she might be able to get in contact with and that you might like to share. Thanks!

Marla said...

Glad you are part of a co-op and hope you enjoy it! We really miss the one we were involved with in VA last year. So far, I've only met one other family who homeschools here. That's it. We miss the comraderie and support. We made wonderful friends and learned lots together at coop. It was a lot of work and time out of an already busy homeschool schedule, but it was worth it to get out of the house for awhile and fellowship with other homeschool moms and kids.