Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring. This morning we read Pussy Willow among a few other books about Spring. All week we've been reading fun books about spring, coloring pictures and talking about flowers, bugs, rain, sunshine, flying kites and picnics.

After we did a bit of school we drove to Mobile to meet my great friend since elementary school, Rebecca. We went to a local park where the kids got to play and we had a chance to catch up and visit. I finally met her husband and got to meet her sweet little baby! It was so great to see her and catch up in person! We've only seen one another a handful of times since high school, so this was a treat!

Here's Rebecca and I with our munchkins. Looks like quite the crowd of kiddos;) Her babies are SO adorable and friendly!



Now I'm exhausted from the fresh air. Today I received my Above Rubies magazine in the mail so I think I'll just enjoy a relaxing evening of reading! Hope you're all enjoying the first day of spring!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Great picture! That's nice you got to get together, I was able to meet Rebecca's new one a couple weeks ago, I took a quick trip to Chicago just to get away:) Have fun!

Christine said...

It looks like you all have been having a great first day of spring. Blessings to you!

Choppzs said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I wish we could get closer to meet with old friends and let the kids have play dates!! THe park looks really nice too!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! How cute are all of you?! Its fun to see old friends and meet their kids. Times sure have changed!

Hope we can see each other again this year.

Love
Jod

Angel at Aduladi' said...

WHOO HOO! Another issue of Above Rubies? I might just wait out by the mailbox for the next few days until mine comes.

HAPPY SPRING!
Angel