Friday, March 23, 2007

Thoughts

1. I finally read the last book, Forever, in Karen Kingsbury's Firstborn series. Took me no time at all to read it. That book devoured me for a couple of days;) I can't wait for the Sunrise book to come out in May!

2. I am really ready to lose it with my boys. They will not nap anymore- instead they play wildly in their beds. I know that not everybody's children nap, but mine have always been great nap-takers. Fine, if they don't want to sleep can't they at least be quiet so I can have that time? I seem to function better when my children give me some quiet time through the day.

3. Add in hormones, emptiness and sadness and I'm not always a pretty site lately.

4. Speaking of pretty, I feel so darn fat. Now, I know I'm not, but when I don't fit into my clothes, well, I tend to feel fat.

5. Check out this video! It brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my arms. Amazing. Thanks to Bobbie for sharing it!

6. Yesterday we went to the park for Park Day with our homeschool group. It was so nice to get out and do something 'normal'. I think we're finally starting to get a 'normal' life going again. We've been quite busy this week.

7. Thank you, Christine, for your sweet gift to the Cracker Barrel. I'm hoping Nanny will baby-sit so Zach and I can enjoy a night with no costs! You are such a blessing!

8. Yesterday I went to Malachi's grave for the first time. I didn't stick around long and I didn't cry too hard...until I got back into the car. Then I lost it. Nighttime is the worst. I've been staying up late burying myself in books until I'm so tired I don't think about how empty my arms and womb is. But, it doesn't' help and I still lay there feeling so empty.

9. Guess maybe I need to read my Above Rubies magazine...and my Bible...

3 comments:

Amie said...

I remember how sad I was when each of the three older boys outgrew their naps.

The Cracker Barrel is so yummy! Hope you guys have a great time.

Sorry about the nights. Hopefully your womb, then your arms, will be filled again soon.

Anonymous said...

I need my son's nap for time to get stuff done and have some sanity restoration! I've heard some mom's train their kids to have "quiet time" for an hour or so each day - playing quietly, reading, drawing, etc. I think that's a good idea for when they outgrow naps.

I love to read my AR magazine when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Though I cry over a lot of the stories in it, I know the crying can be healing too.

I wish there was someway I could help or comfort you, I feel helpless in the face of your sorrow. I'm glad you know the God of all comfort, because He does a much better job than I ever could. I pray you would really feel His love and closeness during this time.

Jodie said...

I hate it when the kids won't take a nap, so I feel some of your pain. At least on days when they don't nap, you can try and put them to bed earlier...