Saturday, March 10, 2007

I know that Zach updated everybody last night (thanks, honey). This is an email I sent out and instead of retyping everything I'm just going to post it here. Thank you for all of your prayers!


I know I quickly updated some of you on Wed. before I went to the hospital. Thursday afternoon, March 8 at 3:35 pm Central time we met our beautiful baby that the Lord blessed us with for such a short time while he was alive in my womb. This has been a long journey but the Lord has carried us through. The two prayers I could pray- that the baby would be delivered intact and that we could tell the sex- were answered. We named him Malachi Robert. Malachi means my messenger. I believe that even in the short 14 weeks that he grew within my womb and the time he stayed there until his physical body was delivered into this world that he sent a message. I know many people wondered about my waiting instead of carrying through with a procedure. There is no doubt in my mind I did exactly what the Lord led me to do. Malachi's life was a testament that life- no matter how short lived- within the womb is indeed life. We were and still are so blessed by this precious baby. And while the healing of our hearts will take time, we know that he is in a much better place where he will wait for us.

It is now Saturday and I finally was able to come home today. You see, I was induced again Thursday morning with Cytotec as my body was finally showing signs of the time being near. It took effect right away! Afterwards I was losing a lot of blood and they had to do an emergency D&C. But, praise GOD that our baby was delivered into the doctors hands before I needed to go to the OR! The D&C went fine, but the next morning my blood levels were real low. The doctor said if they'd gotten any lower that I would have died. So then I needed a blood transfusion. It was a long time to spend in the hospital. I was in such good hands though- the doctor and nurses were wonderful (it was a different doctor than the first time and that as a blessing also). I kept waiting for it all to hit me. I'd have times of tears and sadness, but it didn't really hit until this morning when I knew I'd be walking away with an empty womb and empty arms. It is not easy, but still I feel the Lord's loving embrace.

We meet with the funeral home on Monday to make arrangements. I want to thank each of you for your prayers, your love and encouragement. Without you the road wouldn't be so bearable.


13 comments:

Choppzs said...

I know this is a time of mixed emotions. I am so happy that you finally delivered your baby and got to see him,hold him, and name him. But I am saddened for you that this all happened to begin with, and that you still have to get through a rough patch. You are all continually in my prayers. Thanks for the updates!! Big Hugs to you all!

myboys9802 said...

I very happy that you got to see and hold your sweet prince!
Please get some much need R&R, so that you can enjoy the 3 munchkins you have with you at home!!
HUGS

Anna said...

I am so happy you were able to meet your little one, and that you are ok. Take care and try to get some rest.

Christine said...

I hope you feel all the prayers. I think about you often, and I am so sad for all your pain you have suffered. I am so glad that you got to see your precious little one. You have such an amazing faith, Jamie. You truly are an inspiration to me.I am so better that you are feeling better, physically. I will keep praying that He will console you and Zach. Blessings!

Kelli said...

Dear Jamie, I came by way of Christine's. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your little boy. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I am so happy you got to meet him. I have been praying for you and your family. The one thing I wished with my two losses was that I could have meet them and knew the sex so I could name them, but mine where too young and alass have no true names only deep places in my heart.

Malachi is a perfect name! Actually it will be the name of our next son, whenever God blesses us with him :) I will continue to pray for you and the healing of your heart...that deep place that only a mother has for her lost ones. May God bless you and fill your home and your heart!

Your Friend,
Carrie

razorbackmama said...

{{{{{Jamie}}}}}

Melissa Stover said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. what a blessing that all your prayers were answered. we just lost our 4th baby too. ours died at 9 weeks.

ChicoryChick said...

Just got back online this week. So sorry to hear our sad news. Praying for God's continued comfort!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to hold and name your little guy! What a blessing during such a hard time.

DDanielle said...

Its amazing that you were able to hold him. What a gift. Although it has been so rough for you, you have been faithful and strong. My prayers are with you and your family for continued healing.

Amie said...

I hope your physical recovery is going well and you were able to get some rest over the weekend.

Me said...

I'm so glad you got to see and hold your baby boy. I know that was a little joy for you during this difficult time. You're such a strong woman and a wonderful example for the rest of us.