Monday, May 14, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to NC we go!

Tomorrow we are heading out of town to visit friends in North Carolina and Georgia. We will be visiting with my friend Beth among other old friends in NC, including my friend, Diana (we were stationed in Minot together). I'm also hoping to be able to visit with Christine for awhile. Though we've never met I feel like I know her! Then we'll head to Georgia to visit with my friend Kim. We may make a trip to Six Flags on the way back to MS but we're not yet sure. Everything isn't set in stone yet, so we're kinda up for anything! I'm really looking forward to getting away for awhile. I need a break from the normalcy of my life, and I'm praying that my visits with friends will uplift and encourage me (which I know they will).

Did you have a blessed Mother's Day? I hope so. Mine was a good one, though a bit difficult with the thoughts in my mind that I 'should' either have a baby or be pregnant with one. Our church service was awesome. We had Save-A-Baby Sunday and the goal was to get $4,000 to help save one baby through the local pregnancy crisis center. Well, we raised $10,000!!!! I was in tears! Praise God! The sermon was wonderful (as always) and the music minister sang a wonderful song that had me fleeing to the bathroom where I bawled for a good minute. We went out to lunch, went by the cemetery so I could 'visit' my baby and walked along the beach. On the way home it began to thunderstorm and I enjoyed seeing some beautiful lightning. I am so thankful to be a mother and have a mother. My mother sacrificed SO much for me- her entire life- and of that I am grateful. If it wasn't for her love for me from the time I was conceived I would not be here. I love her with a love unfounded and I hope that she knows just how much.

Oh, and our mother-daughter tea at church was such fun! When I get pictures (they had a photographer) I will be sure to post them!

Please be in prayer this week for my sister-in-law, Amie. She is scheduled for a c-section on Wednesday. You can read more about her pregnancy issues over the past few months at her blog. Pray for the safety of both her and her precious daughter. I cannot wait to get a phone call with the news we have a new niece! We love you and are praying for you guys, Amie!

With that said it is time for me to hop in the shower, run to the store, do school and pack. I doubt I will really be able to post while on vacation (if only our laptop had wireless service). I will miss reading your stories and words of encouragement but I will be back!

7 comments:

Choppzs said...

Have fun and be safe on your trip!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jamie, have a wonderful trip. I wish I was going with you. Sounds like a lot fun. Have a great time and be safe.

Shari

Amie said...

I hope you guys have a great trip. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers.

By the way, your haircut looks great!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Have fun! It will be so nice to visit with friends. Prayers going with you!

Risa said...

Sounds like a blast! Be safe and have a great time! :)

Angel at Aduladi' said...

We will wave to you from I-95! We will be heading south to Virginia and South Carolina tomorrow.

Have a safe trip and we will be praying for you!

~Angel

Me said...

Have lots of fun and be safe!