Thursday, May 31, 2007

Trip Part 3- Georgia

We have friends that we were stationed with in N.C. that live in Augusta so we thought it would be fun to visit them. They've had two children since we last saw them! Not to mention their oldest is now a teenager! That was weird! We had a nice visit with them. The kiddos had a blast playing outside on the trampoline! We woke up Thursday morning to go to that breakfast place my kids love. Well, when I was in the shower Princess ended up puking. Great. She said her stomach hurt because she was so hungry, but I'm not so sure that was the case.

While at the infamous breakfast place Cuddly Boy took a drink of his OJ and the next thing I know, he's puking. The rest of the time there he just lay in my lap. Then when we arrived back at our friend's house he puked again. So, I had he and Princess lay by me and kept my eye on them. I didn't want them running around as I had no idea what was going on. Well they were fine, no more incidents, and nobody else was sick either. Although all that day my stomach really hurt, but I wonder if it was just psychological (I see puke and feel sick). Thankfully whatever it was didn't pass all around! But because of that I didn't want to drag my kids here, there and everywhere so we didn't' really do much. The kids did have fun playing together though and Kim and I went and got a pedicure and we also went out to lunch. The guys had the pleasure of staying with all 7 kids! They're great;)

Friday was a busy day. We went on a homeschool 'field trip' with them to a farm. What a blast!!! We got to feed & pet horses, see llamas, feed sheep and cows, chase chickens and go on a hayride! It was really neat and very informative. We all enjoyed it. We also went out to lunch and went for ice cream. Zach wanted to do some shopping and we were able to get more RAM for our laptop! That evening Kim and I went to a scrapbook crop. I didn't have pictures or anything with me (I don't even scrapbook although I do have quite a few supplies) but I listened as the lady talked, got to meet Kim's friends and eat some WONDERFUL food (I think the lady said it was Hungarian Goulash, though nothing like the goulash we make). I ended up coming back home and calling a local Creative Memories lady to purchase their Power Sort Box. It stores tons of pictures and I figure if we have to evacuate for a hurricane (I hope not) then its alot more convenient to have to take that than numerous photo albums.

We were planning on staying at their house until Monday or Tuesday but ended up leaving Saturday. I had back issues the whole time I was gone (probably from sleeping on so many different beds). Plus I just missed being home and relaxing at home. Zach was anxious to get home too. We thought about going to Six Flags on the way home- we even had tickets where the kids could get in for free- but we opted out. It was a holiday weekend and I figured it would be crazy busy. It was so nice to come home and just chill out. Not to mention sleeping in my own bed!

We had a good time visiting with old friends! It always amazes me how much their children grow! Everybody we saw really had changed in some way, although they also looked the same (if that makes sense). It was such a good trip, but I love being home. I haven't done much of anything all week. Guess I'm still in vacation mode;) Zach doesn't go back to work until Monday so I figure until then I'm on vacation too! I'll post the pictures from Georgia tomorrow as they are on the other computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like a nice trip. Glad you guys had fun!

Risa said...

I know what you mean about seeing puke = feeling sick! :) It's nice that nobody else got sick.

Cute pictures! Looks like you will have plenty of pictures for memories when the kids get older. I love looking at old pictures with the kids. Even if they don't remember it's fun to tell them the stories that go with the pictures.

And don't worry about "writing a post" on my blog, I do it all the time with you guys! LOL