Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hump Day

I can't believe it is already Wednesday. Where has the week gone??? We are supposed to go on vacation next week and still don't have plans worked out! Which is kind of ok with me- I don't want to be too planned, but the people we will be visiting while on our trip will want to know things! Christine, we will be driving right by you and I REALLY want to meet you!

Monday Little Man had a fun birthday. We went to a playgroup, went to a toy store downtown where he picked out some gifts with some birthday money, had a picnic in the living room (he didn't want to have it in the backyard), opened gifts, ate cake and I think we watched a movie. He said he had a fun day and loves his toys! I still can't get over that he is 5 years old (especially with the fit he threw today).

Yesterday I took Cuddly Boy to get his cast off. He is not supposed to run, jump or climb for 4 more weeks. Impossible! He was so brave when they sawed that thing off- he even asked them to do it again! It looked like the bone was still a little cracked (to me) on the X-Ray, but at least he didn't have to be recasted! He's still getting used to walking on it and his poor skin is so dry so I've been lubing it up all day. Daddy took out the pool when he got home from work so that he could finally swim! I also went to view Bob Jones books as a rep was in our area. I always love to get my hands on the books and leaf through them before I decide to buy them. I'm still undecided what to do for history next year.

Today was our first normal day of the week and we are STAYING HOME! Sometimes it gets so overwhelming running around all of the time. Well, yesterday was nice because I only had Cuddly boy with me so I enjoyed our time together. We had our first normal day of school, our first normal day of fits, and our first normal day of naps. I cannot believe that both boys went for a nap with hardly a word! I LOVE it! And I NEEDED it! We're thinking of refinancing our home. We're in an ARM right now and it ends in July...which would make our payments skyrocket and our interest rate jump to like 8.6%!!! Originally (when we bought) we were only supposed to be here 3 years, so no problem. But, the Air Force had other ideas...so we've got to do something so we're not flat broke on our faces. Luckily I have a friend here who works with this stuff and I finally called her. I just pray it all works to our benefit- both now and in the long run.

Have a Happy Hump Day!!!

3 comments:

Amie said...

They expect a 2.5 year old to not run, jump or climb for 4 weeks?? Yeah right...

Anonymous said...

I remember when my little sister got her cast off, she still walked with her leg in that position, (crooked, on her tiptoes) for at least a week, maybe longer.

Christine said...

Hi Jamie! When on the 16th do you think you will be driving by my area. I should be free during the day, but I have an appointment with my midwife that afternoon. Let me know what works for you. Blessings!