Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

This week I have been so increasingly BLESSED. Monday morning I woke up and the two older kids and I had breakfast (the little one was still sleeping). Well, once Cuddly boy woke up for some reason Little Man threw the BIGGEST fit. It wasn't even 8 am and I had to deal with this annoyance. Boy, I was NOT a happy momma!

Well, as I was getting ready to walk on the treadmill my phone rang (second phone call in the morning- that NEVER happens THAT early). It was a lady from my homeschool group telling me she's coming over to help me. Ok. You see, I won't *ask* for help. I will put out prayer requests and be honest about how I am doing, but I'm just not the kind of person to ask for help. So, when somebody tells me they're helping me, that is right up my alley! And this lady didn't know I was like that, the Lord must have laid it on her heart. My children probably didn't remember her, but they took right to her. She took the boys outside while I did some school with Princess, then she played with Princess and Cuddly boy while I did some school with Little Man. It was SO helpful! Especially the way my morning began.

While she was here I think my phone rang about 5 more times- no exaggeration. Most of the people who called were from that same group. Then the doctor called. I tell you, I am blessed to have been under the care of him. All of my tests that they ran came back normal. I told him how I've been doing and he mentioned pastoral counseling and prayer, but also told me I could go on an anti-depressant if I wanted. He did say something to the affect of the prayer and counseling being more effective than the drugs. I was floored- a DOCTOR saying that! Normally they are SO quick to put you on the drug and that's it. But, for a doctor to talk about prayer...well, I was so happy to hear that I cried!

That afternoon we had to go to the dentist again. Since I was that way I stopped by the base to get some groceries. I ran into about 4 people there that I know. It was just so encouraging- first in the morning to be surrounded by phone calls, then to see ladies I know. I know God was watching over me that day.

Tuesday was probably the best day of the week as far as my 'mood'. I didn't yell as much and seemed to be able to handle the little things. That evening I went to a homeschool meeting/Mom's Night and was SO super blessed! I love those ladies!!!

Wednesday was just a day of schooling and cleaning. The house needed to be dusted, so I cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more.

Today. Let me tell you, I am blessed. Another lady from that same homeschool group offered to treat me AND a friend to lunch while she and her granddaughter baby-sit our kids. This woman is older, a grandmother raising and homeschooling her granddaughter. I've seen her at Mom's Nights, but other than that don't know her *too* well, but totally trust her. So, today my friend Sara and I went to lunch at this little tea room downtown while Ms. Pat took my children to play at McDonald's and the park. She even bought them Happy Meals! I just feel SO blessed. That is true service, ya know? I came home feeling so much more relaxed and peaceful. Amazing what a lunch date with a good friend can do for a person! Not to mention free childcare and a free lunch. Thank you, God, for the wonderful women you've put into my life.

7 comments:

Christine said...

I am so glad that God has been blessing you through the kindness of those ladies. They sound awesome! I am so happy that you are feeling a little more in control. Prayers for you, dearie.

Jodie said...

Aw. How very nice of everyone. That makes me be so happy for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'm glad these ladies have gone out of their way to bless you in these ways! How awesome to get a "hug" from God in that way.

Becca said...

Wow! That's so neat! How fun to get out for lunch with a bud! We do coffee weekly and it's so refreshing!

Anne said...

Yes, that's wonderful! I've been praying for you though I haven't been online much doing blogging or emails. I'm right there with you with the wacked-out hormones and stress! It can get so overwhelming at times so I'm glad you have some real-life ladies that have come around you!

Blessings!

myboys9802 said...

Awww, That is so great!!
You have been in my thoughts!

HUGS

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Oh, Jamie! That is so awesome! Women like that are true Proverbs 31 women. They know what it is like to be a SAHM! So glad, dear friend, that you were able to receive the Lord's blessings in such abundant ways.