Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Life with Kirby

Meet Kirby. I met Kirby back in the spring sometime. One of those demonstrator people came to the door. I thought, "Sure, you can clean my carpet, but I won't buy your product". Zach happened to come home early from work that day. He got to meet Kirby also. He was hooked on it. Boy, did it suck the dirt out of our carpet! It sucked the dead skin out of our mattress. I thought, "It would be nice to have it, but I don't need it". We saw the price. Outrageous! Of course, we were offered a deal and we could trade in our Hoover. Zach really thought we should get it. It has a lifetime warranty. With all the children he would love to have, I guess it would be worth it. Now, I need to admit that my friend Sheri had told me she got a Kirby and how much she enjoyed it. Ever since she told me about hers I thought how nice it would be to have a vacuum like that. But it never went beyond a mere thought. Well, here I am about 6 months later with Kirby living in my closet. At first I thought we shouldn't have done it, but I am glad we did. He has been by my side through the thick of it. He shampoos my carpets. He turns into a leaf blower. He blows up the pool. He depleted our pocketbook and we were making payments on him. He cost more than my husband's truck (which is a whole different story)! But, he should be around for a lifetime. And if we're blessed with many more children it will be a lifesaver! All I need to do is drag him out of the closet and 'TaDa', the mess from dinner is cleaned up! It is so nice. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? You bet! I feel I use Kirby every day to clean up some sort of mess, but I really don't mind at all! I hate sweeping, so all I do is drag out Kirby to clean the carpet, tile, hardwood floors. It really is amazing! Maybe we're crazy for spending so much money on a vacuum, but oh well! We're enjoying it!

No comments: