Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Three Little Lambs

H:
Yesterday while at Wal-Mart H asked me why some people were brown. Keep in mind we live in the South so there are many brown skinned people, one of which was in hearing distance. I explained to her that we all come in different colors...Then she asked if brown people go to heaven! I then told her Jesus was probably not white like we are and that it doesn't matter the color of your skin, what matters is a relationship with Jesus. Then, last night we sang some praise songs together and read a Bible story. We read about David and Bathsheba. We read about Nathan telling David a story about a rich and poor man. The rich man had many sheep, the poor man only one. We read how the rich man took the poor man's only sheep that he loved so much. After finishing the Bible story we prayed. H asked Jesus to give the poor man another sheep! It was too adorable!

J:
I have decided he is the BIGGEST wimp. That boy is afraid of everything. Last weekend we went to the mangled bridge to take pictures. He was afraid to go anywhere near it, much less on it. I thought he was going to wet his pants! Yesterday I took him to get his pictures taken (only 5 months late) and he freaked out about sitting up on the table. I never did get 2 year pictures of him because he hates to get his picture taken. Well the day before I had done G's so I thought for sure J would be ok with it seeing his little brother do it. Oh no! He sat at the very edge of the front of the table. I don't know if he thought he'd fall back or what, but nothing could convince him to scoot back. I sat on it, I had H sit on it, I went behind it. Nothing worked. Finally I told him Princess Leia was in the camera and to smile for her. I told him he was going to marry her. That got him to smile. I also had to tell him forget it, that I would just get H's pictures taken, and he was like, "NO!". Then I had to tell him Darth Vader was in the camera for another smile. We got about 5 pictures, but I only wanted the one for the package. It turned out well, considering. I don't know why he hates pictures so much. I was ready to cry trying to deal with it, especially after waiting for a half and hour. Today we went on a field trip to the post office. He was SO freaked out again, once we got behind the big huge door. I'm not sure what he thought, but he was crying about going home and not being there. Luckily it didn't take too long to get through it and I told him we were going to McDonald's afterwards. I am not sure why he is so scared of things. I hope it is just a stage he's going through. On another note, last night when we were singing he actually sang a bit too. It was SO cute that I started to cry. Lately he has been singing little phrases from church songs and it is so precious. Daddy gave him a hair cut the other night and he looks so handsome and clean cut.

G:
He has been really interested in books lately. He likes the board books with animals. He thinks every one of them is a dog. Then if I say cow he thinks I say car and he goes "Vroom, vroom". Many times a day I catch him sitting on the floor browsing through a book. He has to try to do everything his brother and sister do. Yesterday they were both sitting in their desks and so G went and sat on this one toy so he'd have somewhere to sit too. He likes to try to eat crayons and he bugs J like crazy when J tries to color. He's been doing this funny thing with his bottom lip after he says a word and the face it produces cracks me up.

Also, we made the paper back home this week. Front page too. They put an article and a picture of us about the hurricane. Such a small town...For they only go to press once a week! This is the family picture they used.

2 comments:

Me said...

Yay...you're famous!!! Was that for the Baraga paper? That's a cute picture though.....I don't think I've ever made front page news. It's good to know I have family in high places :)

All your little blips about the kids are cute. It's funny that a child could have pictures so much! Glad the Star Wars things helped :) As for Hannah, I remember thinking the same things when I was a kid.....only Portland didn't have ANYTHING over than whites. Talk about culture shock when I moved to the big city! Gabe...funny you say the crayons thing cuz everything goes in Gracie's mouth as it is....just wait til she there's crayons...Yikes!

Amie said...

I saw that article in the L'Anse Setinel online!

Pictures are never easy for us either!