Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quiet Front

Well, things have been a bit quiet here. Nothing to write home about. I thought I broke my toe the other day. Somehow I hit my middle toe on the washing machine the wrong way (gosh, I am SOOO clumsy). It hurt so bad, but I always stub my toes or run into things so I didn't think much of it. But, it wouldn't stop hurting real bad. Then it was swelling up and bruising on the side. Then the back of the toe started to bruise. I knew there was nothing a doctor could do so didn't do much about it... Yesterday I asked my neighbor about it (she's a doctor) and she doesn't think its broken, thankfully! It sure is bruised though. It doesn't really hurt too bad anymore either. Then she commented on the callouses on my feet! How embarrassing! I never let people see my feet! I know I don't wear the right type of shoes though, I always wear sandals (its still 90 down here). Well, at least my toe isn't broken...

H has had a fever for the past couple of days. Must be what J had last week. He had no appetite though, and she's been eating so well lately. Her two bottom teeth are loose. She is reading really well and doing great in school. Here's what she read today: "In the Box. The candy is in it. The lighthouse is in it. Here is the box." The words box, candy and lighthouse had a picture of it with the word underneath it, so she read the picture. I am so proud of how well she is doing! It is such a joy teaching her!

G has had a runny nose too. When I am trying to do school he's been real clingy, but otherwise he's fine. He says so many words now! Dog, dada, mama, night, bear, no, stop, car. He seems to copy everything we say. I forget he's only 13.5 months because he acts so much older. I need to get his hair cut. I have been putting if off for so long because he's my baby and I can't imagine getting it cut!

J sometimes sits and listens to the school lessons. Sometimes he likes to write while we write. The only letter he really knows how to write is H (for H, his sister). But he has fun listening to the stories and songs we do. He was SO easy to potty train and is doing great with that! It already feels like eons ago that he wore diapers. He seems like such a big boy. He copies EVERYTHING his sister says and does...That gets annoying.

Other than that life has been pretty quiet. There's not much to do around here so we haven't been up to much. Finally our friends are starting to return to the area. Last week we went to Mobile, Alabama (it's only like 45 min. Away) and shopped there and ate at the Olive Garden. Other than that...Life is a bit like normal.

No comments: