Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lazy Day

I awoke to the rain pattering on the roof and decided to roll over and keep on with the dream I was having. I wish I could remember it, it sure seemed like a good one at the time. We didn't roll out of bed until about 8:30. I decided to make the munchkins pancakes- they wolfed those things down. Oh, Princess helped me, for awhile and then got distracted with cartoons. I just putzed around the house and we didn't begin school until about 10:30! But we managed to get quite a bit done! Sometimes I just love those cold rainy days so you can just wear your sweatpants all day and be lazy! But I did have to change out of those sweatpants as we went to eat at Subway for dinner and then we ran to Walmart where Cuddly Boy got to pick out some 'tool' (his version of cool) new toys with a gift card he'd gotten. Other than that its been a quiet day, besides many phone calls to faraway friends. Now the little ones are in bed and I can enjoy some quiet before I join them!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm glad to be one of your faraway friends who gets the call! Let's talk today again!

Brandi

Erica said...

Yes, we live in base housing - Bay Ridge. I WISH the kids would let me sleep until 8:30!

Choppzs said...

I love those rainy days too, except when my windows leak! lol

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect day. :-) I had to go out in the cold and rain, and was wishing that I could stay home.

You were missed at Park Day yesterday. Everything was dry, and it was pretty nice out, Praise GOD.....
Have a wonderful weekend, Jamie,
Lynn